Esquire/ Leadmill

I have a friend who insists that you could access The Leadmill  - he's not sure about "The Esquire" - via Suffolk road. 

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I have been to The Leadmill on a handful of occasions,  back in the day I was a frequent visitor to The Esquire.

I never entered via Suffolk Road! 

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, 16niffirg said:

I have a friend who insists that you could access The Leadmill  - he's not sure about "The Esquire" - via Suffolk road. 

I have been to The Leadmill on a handful of occasions,  back in the day I was a frequent visitor to The Esquire.

There is a doorway there - it’s a fire escape now though.

On 12/06/2020 at 11:56, 16niffirg said:

When we first took over the disused property in 1980 to create the Leadmill you could enter from both sides there were big double doors at each end of the courtyard and there was also a way through the old shop front on Suffolk Rd. Used to be part of Walter Fox but disused many years when we started. Pete Stingfellow was long gone and the Esquire closed by the police was on the top floor in the Leadmill Road side. . So I am not sure how it was entered at the time... never thought to ask Pete lol.

Found a load of interestng stuff stashed in the toilets when we cleared out the old Esquire to make the Leadmill workshops... must have have had a lot of pickpockets at the Esquire lol...

Pete Stringfellow didn't have anything to do with the Esquire. Terry Thornton did.