What Is This Stuff - Rp7?

Wen raking through all the bottles and tins of liquids in my shed I discovered that I had quite a lot of something labelled RP7. It has virtually no smell, is a white coloured thick liquid which separates into the white base and a brown, thinner liquid which floats to the top, after standing for a couple of hours.  I couldn't find it on Google so I tried experimenting with it to see if it was either a glue or a filler or a paint. I painted it onto the rough edge of a piece if chipboard and it soaked into the shipboard and felt slightly sticky as it did so but I still cannot find out what it is or what it's for. It did not set hard and you wouldn't even know it was on the chipboard after it soaked in. Can anyone help me please?

Edited by nikki-red

Don't quote me but I believe it is some sort of penetrating substance similar to WD40.

Typing RP7 into Google has this as the first result:

`RP7 is a multi-purpose lubricating and penetrating spray which displaces water and inhibits corrosion`

Thanks both. What Google told me was something about a settlement pond and a special type of valve. I didn't read either things for obvious reasons. Just as well I didn't use it as a glue or a filler!

Edited by woolyhead