Peter Crouch, Bbc 1

5 hours ago, alchresearch said:

I lasted 30 seconds.  Garbage

Glad you agree with me.

If you liked the concept but not the execution, Kelly Cates did a decent podcast.

I haven't watched it but it sounds as though the BBC have made the mistake of thinking someone with a laddish sense of humour will have the professional comedy skills to host a programme like this and it doesn't work. Baddiel and Skinner were professional comedians which is why their programme did.

On 07/07/2020 at 15:10, despritdan said:

I haven't watched it but it sounds as though the BBC have made the mistake of thinking someone with a laddish sense of humour will have the professional comedy skills to host a programme like this and it doesn't work. Baddiel and Skinner were professional comedians which is why their programme did.

Very good post.

On 07/07/2020 at 15:10, despritdan said:

I don’t see much “laddish humour” in it myself.

I think because he has written well received books and has a popular podcast he was given this show.  As the Euros were cancelled it’s not what they wanted it to be but at least it’s something new rather than repeats.

5 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

I don’t see much “laddish humour” in it myself.

I think because he has written well received books and has a popular podcast he was given this show.  As the Euros were cancelled it’s not what they wanted it to be but at least it’s something new rather than repeats.

Yes, but when you compare him with professional comedians he’s not very good. Maybe he needs a script writer as his comments just don’t have that “ bite”.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

Yes, but when you compare him with professional comedians he’s not very good. Maybe he needs a script writer as his comments just don’t have that “ bite”.

He isn’t a comedian though is he?  I bet most comedians can’t compare to him at football.  They have comedians on the show anyway.

He is a popular ex-footballer and, as has been said many many many times, the show was meant to air after Euro 2020 football matches.

Read a book instead.

On 09/07/2020 at 17:17, Arnold_Lane said:

He isn’t a comedian though is he?  I bet most comedians can’t compare to him at football.  They have comedians on the show anyway.

He is a popular ex-footballer and, as has been said many many many times, the show was meant to air after Euro 2020 football matches.

Read a book instead.

I read plenty of books !

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

I read plenty of books !

For someone who made a negative judgement about this programme weeks ago you don't half keep going on about it.

Why not just watch something else during that time slot or simply don't watch something at all.

Not everything on every channel on every schedule appeals to everybody.

Edited by ECCOnoob

8 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

For someone who made a negative judgement about this programme weeks ago you don't half keep going on about it.

Why not just watch something else during that time slot or simply don't watch something at all.

Not everything on every channel on every schedule appeals to everybody.

Correct.!