Springvale Riding School

Anyone remember this hidden gem? Late 80’s early 90’s, used to go for a ride round the ponderosa park. Lovely horses, one called Pete (black soft as a brush) and crystal, Sandy. I was only about 8 years old. Anyone have any information/ memories xx

Situated at the very bottom of Springvale Road, sheffield.

To get to the sand school, you had to go to bottom of springvale road, along ashberry road and the up wellfield road.

Very small yard with a couple of stables that you had to go through to get to the stables behind them.

Sandy, skewbald gelding
Crystal, palomino mare
Duchess ?
Donna, grey mare
Beau, grey pony

Found this on internet

Edited by speleo1
added info

1 hour ago, UpYonder said:

Anyone remember this hidden gem? Late 80’s early 90’s, used to go for a ride round the ponderosa park. Lovely horses, one called Pete (black soft as a brush) and crystal, Sandy. I was only about 8 years old. Anyone have any information/ memories xx

They built a small paddock with a few jumps on Wellfield Road before the housing association houses were built in the mid 90's. I also seem to recall they had a small black carriage the horses used to pull from time to time - from memory might have been like one used for trotting.

Lived at the top of Wellfield at the time and often took our little lad down to watch the horses.  We were quite sad when they closed.