Storage Wars.

Does anyone watch the tv show Storage Wars on Blaze? The main reason I watch it is for Mary Padian, but anyway...

The show is about professional buyers who visit storage facilities and bid on the contents of lockers. Before each locker is auctioned, the buyers are given five minutes to inspect the contents from the doorway, but they can't enter  the locker or touch any of the items.

I can't understand how anyone would blindly bid money when they can't  really see what they're bidding on.

I have seen it and also the other one with Sean Kelly who came over here to do the auctions. Would not mind going to one in person though 

17 minutes ago, Earthlyone said:

I can't understand how anyone would blindly bid money when they can't  really see what they're bidding on.

In the hope of finding hidden treasure

2 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

In the hope of finding hidden treasure

Sure but it's a bit of a risk isn't it?

1 hour ago, Earthlyone said:

Sure but it's a bit of a risk isn't it?

Not sure which series it is but Darrayl lsheets  bought one unit quite cheap and he earned a reported 300000 Dollars off it so the rewards can be there 

Edited by rudds1

I always feel sorry for the people who owned the storage locker originally.

2 hours ago, metalman said:

I always feel sorry for the people who owned the storage locker originally.

The lockers go up for auction when the owner stops paying the storage fees, so don't feel too bad.

I have watched many American storage war shows,inc those 2 guys who do it for a living,basically  it works in many ways,but most sell on line or via a shop,but its difficult with a shop as you cant say whats coming in and sometimes you get out bid a lot and the shelfs become empty,others sell the big items nearby and do street sales,but they tried it in England,then stopped it on tv,so although our storage type places are growing,there nowhere near the amount America and Canada have,but I watch the shows and have done for years.several like the huge one and the locker with papers in it of JFK,ELVIS DEATHS,they made bid money,then there was the arsenal player wright whos ex,put all his medals ect in a storage unit,stopped paying and a buyer bought it very cheap and made a fortune,yes intresting  or I think so.

On 08/06/2020 at 10:31, Pyrotequila said:

The lockers go up for auction when the owner stops paying the storage fees, so don't feel too bad.

I know, but they may have unavoidable reasons for that - they may have suffered some injury or illness and then when they recover they find all their stuff has been flogged off as well. I just wonder how long they give it before auctioning it all.

Edited by metalman

41 minutes ago, metalman said:

I know, but they may have unavoidable reasons for that - they may have suffered some injury or illness and then when they recover they find all their stuff has been flogged off as well. I just wonder how long they give it before auctioning it all.

"Find all their stuff flogged off"

You are talking as if it will be a surprise to the owner.  It will be very clear in their contract with the storage place that if rent is unpaid and/or goods are left unclaimed for a specific period items will be sold.  

Just think of it as any other kind of consumer contract.   ....Non-payment may lead to seizure or forfeit of the goods.....    .... You may lose your home if you do not keep up repayments on the mortgage brought against it.......

It's pretty standard stuff really.

Edited by ECCOnoob

You're presumably right but it still doesn't strike me as quite right without some attempt being made to trace the original owner first.

It all looks incredibly staged to me.

I find it hard to believe that the storage company doesn't have someone to do valuations of the stuff prior to auction.