Council/Veolia Recycling Centres

6 minutes ago, enntee said:

You can queue ... but only on the access road. :)

ok....not obvious what that is classed at. Certainly didn't see any signs up indicating this when I went the other day. Just joined the back of the queue.

Since when has it been illegal to be stuck in a traffic jam?

You can’t queue on Blackstock rd and with good reason during earlier lockdowns there were long queues meaning traffic that wanted to go straight on had to go on the opposite side of the road or wait 10-15 minutes in the queue for the tip  which is never going to happen.Was an accident waiting to happen.

8 hours ago, nightrider said:

ok....not obvious what that is classed at. Certainly didn't see any signs up indicating this when I went the other day. Just joined the back of the queue.

Perfectly obvious.

Off the main road and through the gates.

I still think that they should be opening longer hours and 7 days.

Hard to do that after privatising. Eh?

Edited by enntee

On 19/03/2021 at 10:33, nightrider said:

It will only be the first few cars that initially gets the fine, as they are clearly waiting to turn left into the gates instead of going straight on. I would assign they would be asked to move among, and get a fine if they refused. Cars further back in the queue on Blackstock Rd might not know it's a queue for the tip, so would probably innocently wait in line oblivious, so I doubt they could get a fine.

I don't understand what they can issue you with a penalty for, even if you are waiting to turn left off the highway? You're not parked, after all. How is this any different from when lane 1 of the M1 comes to a standstill near the turn-off to the M25?

On 17/03/2021 at 16:47, mattsin30 said:

I went to blackstock Rd yesterday.  Both security and parking at the entrance.  Drivers forced to drive around until there's space doing u turns on the road causing havoc. The one site for the amount of people it serves isn't adequate. A hour queue to get into the site, security said its like this all the time.  It needs more capacity in the city, but still it's no excuse to fly tip. Traveling through so called less developed countries you don't get as much <removed> by all the roads.  

I went twice last Saturday. Went at 10am, no queue on the road, short queue of about 4 cars on the access road, didnt wait more than about 10 minutes both times. Bit of a pain not being able to turn right to go in, but  easy enough to carry on up to the shops at John O'Gaunt and turn round and come back down.

6 hours ago, dave_the_m said:

I don't understand what they can issue you with a penalty for, even if you are waiting to turn left off the highway? You're not parked, after all. How is this any different from when lane 1 of the M1 comes to a standstill near the turn-off to the M25?

This is what I don't understand.

the problem is if theres a big queue and you are coming down blackstock road,you cannot see round the bend ,for coming traffic,its horrendous and some one could be killed in a crash,the council should do a slip way for the queue,even if its only a gravel road,veola dont want to spend to solve there problem.

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

the problem is if theres a big queue and you are coming down blackstock road,you cannot see round the bend ,for coming traffic,its horrendous and some one could be killed in a crash,the council should do a slip way for the queue,even if its only a gravel road,veola dont want to spend to solve there problem.

Or drivers could slow down if they can't see around a bend. 

I've always taken stuff for my parents to the Chesterfield one at Stonegravels, staff are really friendly, really efficient in and out, even when there's a queue it's not a long wait. Also they're open 8-8.

It must be pretty rubbish for the people living near Blackstock Rd. 

I went today and you get tuned away and spend your time driving up and down the road, picking a junction to turn round in, rinse & repeat. Some people hovering in a turning waiting for a space so they can race down the road etc

7 ‘laps’ for me today, no real other option. The suggestion of paying for a skip while I pay for the tip via council tax is a joke. 

No wonder fly tipping is on the up.