Council/Veolia Recycling Centres

Can anyone tell me if Shirecliffe tip is open to the public yet  got some items that wont go in the bin many thanks  MICK

have you looked on their web site?

Just had a Lib Dem leaflet through my door that states the council are imposing £70 fines for people queuing at their tips with a picture of the Shirecliffe site on the front.

How long have they been doing this and is it all tips?

Edited by Lancs_Lad

46 minutes ago, Lancs_Lad said:

Just had a Lib Dem leaflet through my door that states the council are imposing £70 fines for people queuing at their tips with a picture of the Shirecliffe site on the front.

Don't know about the others, but they painted double yellows at Beighton tip. So a fine wouldn't be unexpected.

5 hours ago, Lancs_Lad said:

What I don't understand about this is what are you meant to do if you get your car loaded up and drive to the site and then find that there are other people in front of you?  It's not like most people can just go away and come back another day if their cars are full of hedge trimmings or whatever.  Both of us have very limited mobility and so we don't really load the car up (and I drive a really big 7 seater) and we're lucky enough that we could come back most of the time, but I can't imagine that applying for most families or people who drive little hatchbacks.  At the weekends there is usually a queue pretty much all day from the sites I've seen. 

Leave space in front of you and inch forwards...

If you are moving, are you queueing?

queue - a line or sequence of people or vehicles awaiting their turn to be attended to or to proceed.

waiting - the action of staying where one is or delaying action until a particular time or event.

From those definitions if you are moving, the answer is 'no' as you are not staying where one is...

Let's fight pedantry with pedantry!

Best time to go is when it’s chucking it down. Not a pleasant experience but I’ve never had to queue.

On 09/08/2020 at 10:51, rodbender said:

Can anyone tell me if Shirecliffe tip is open to the public yet  got some items that wont go in the bin many thanks  MICK

They've not been shut at all so I wonder what you mean by "yet".

Will the dumpit sites take fire extinguisher's please ?

15 hours ago, enntee said:

Once it has been discharged .... yes.

Thank's a lot, I'll take it tomorrow..

Just been to Shirecliffe recycling site, they do not accept used fire extinguisher's..

Not a problem but how do I get rid ?

Edited by Padders
reply.

On 23/09/2020 at 20:10, Padders said:

Just been to Shirecliffe recycling site, they do not accept used fire extinguisher's..

Give it scrap men if it’s definitely empty 

On 23/09/2020 at 20:10, Padders said:

Maybe give your nearest Fire Station a ring? Even if they won’t take it off your hands they’ll probably be able to advise you who will.