Council/Veolia Recycling Centres

2 hours ago, enntee said:

... and have you reported them?

Yes.

We've even had letters through from the council saying they're aware of it, and to keep reporting it.

But so far nothing has actually been done about it.

The number of different cars and vans we see doing it is ridiculous.

Went to Blackstock late afternoon today still big queues along the road causing issues so  went to Shirebrooke well  over an hour in a queue what a nightmare.

Not being funny but why don't they open early morning say 7 and close at 7 at night I bet people would even pay a reasonable fee if they did that and the wait was reduced.

Edited by Fudbeer

12 hours ago, enntee said:

... and have you reported them?

Back again this morning, but this time I got everything on video, including van registration...Not sure who to send it too though

15 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

Went to Blackstock late afternoon today still big queues along the road causing issues so  went to Shirebrooke well  over an hour in a queue what a nightmare.

Not being funny but why don't they open early morning say 7 and close at 7 at night I bet people would even pay a reasonable fee if they did that and the wait was reduced.

Not a chance of people being prepared to pay for it.

Bit OT, I would happily pay an increase in local/national taxation for improved public services and welfare, much like happens in a lot of European countries.

11 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

Back again this morning, but this time I got everything on video, including van registration...Not sure who to send it too though

Fly tipping is a criminal offence so ring the police.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Fly tipping is a criminal offence so ring the police.

Got in touch with the council environemtal health team, nice bloke on the phone, they were aware that something was not right with those skips, they'd even had one back with asbestos in it!

He was very happy to hear that we had video footage, so we've emailed it to him.

8 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Not a chance of people being prepared to pay for it.

Bit OT, I would happily pay an increase in local/national taxation for improved public services and welfare, much like happens in a lot of European countries.

I see many people with skips outside their house full of garden waste and they are not cheap so I think people would be prepared to pay a reasonable fee to go to the tip and not have to wait an hour or more I know I would.

There's a Twitter feed from Veolia which gives waiting times for each centre. I went to one on Tuesday and drove straight in despite the feed showing a 20 minute wait.

On 23/06/2020 at 23:49, Fudbeer said:

Anyone else seen more rats around, due to the current flytipping situation?

6 hours ago, max said:

There's a Twitter feed from Veolia which gives waiting times for each centre. I went to one on Tuesday and drove straight in despite the feed showing a 20 minute wait.

Thats brilliant wish  I had seen it before thanks.

looking at the website , it says that there will be no one to assist to help due to covid , understandably, but what if a disabled person  needs to take things and can't physically get up the steps to the skips/containers?

The person doesn't have anyone to help them . I cant as my leg is in a cast due to football injury 

If you watch the video on the Veolia site you will see that if you are unable to carry your waste you can remove it from your vehicle and put it down  and indicate to staff that you are unable to physically carry it up the steps to the skips. It does enlarge on how these sites are now operating.