Recycling

How do I recycle black plant pots and trays?

I am shielding at the moment

1 hour ago, langold said:

It'll go in the general waste bin at your local tip when you can get there or if someone can take it for you.

15 hours ago, Earthlyone said:

It'll go in the general waste bin at your local tip 

They have separate bins for plastic-even a bin for hard plastic and one for soft plastics at my local recycle site. Don't know about Sheffield sites.

You can put them on freegle which is up running again. If shielding, leave them outside for whoever is collecting.

Edited by Janus
Additional information.

If they have a recycling code I clean them and put them in the brown recycling bin. All plastics should be recycled even if they are not presently at the Sheffield facility. 

They should get the message eventually that it is up to them to put the facilities in place to recycle all plastics, we pay enough for the service.

1 PETE recycling-symbol-pet Polyethylene terephthalate Soft drink bottles and polyester fibres
2 HDPE recycling-symbol-pe-hd High-density polyethylene Bottles, grocery bags, recycling bins, farming pipe and some plastic toys
3 V or PVC recycling-symbol-pvc Polyvinyl chloride Pipe, fencing, shower curtains, picnic chairs, non-food bottles and some plastic toys
4 LDPE recycling-symbol-pe-ld Low density polythene Plastic bags, 4 or 6 pack rings, various containers and  bottles
5 PP recycling-symbol-pp Polypropylene Car parts, synthetic rope, crates, food containers, and dishware
6 PS recycling-symbol-ps Polystyrene(also called Styrofoam) Catering trays, plastic utensils, toys, packaging, insulation and other expanded polystyrene products
7 Other recycling-symbol-o Other polymers such as nylon and Perspex Bottles, car headlight lenses and safety glasses and car ty

On 04/06/2020 at 18:55, langold said:

Non-recyclable.

Recycling black plastic is hard and that's because recycling facilities sort plastics by bouncing a beam of light off them. Since black plastic absorbs light, it can't be sorted and goes straight through the system and off to landfill or incineration.