If You Aren't Anti-Fascist. ?

mort

So we are clear - the usual rules apply here. If you cannot behave in a civil manner then I will be happy to suspend your account. This includes personal attacks on other users. Debate the topic like rational adults please. 

Message added by mort

8 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I'm sure he has a moral compass. What's wrong with him having the view 'who am I to judge?'

He'd be useless as a jury member wouldn't he.

Just now, Halibut said:

What point?

Why do you think it's questionable to hold the view 'who am I to judge?'

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

He'd be useless as a jury member wouldn't he.

Ha! Indeed.

Just now, Delayed said:

Why do you think it's questionable to hold the view 'who am I to judge?'

Because if you read it in the context of what he posted it implies that he has no ability to judge between good deeds and bad deeds, which I think is a pretty bizarre and dodgy way to be. 

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

A bad Apple? So if I beat up a relative of yours for no reason you wouldn't see fit to judge me as a  bad Apple? Was Hitler a bad Apple? Stalin?

Yeah, I should have better qualified my statement.

I didn’t have in mind the kind extreme bad behaviour you refer to. Some level of judgement is naturally appropriate; but there are also many instances where people are too quick to judge others as ‘bad’ (perhaps because they’re just different, or something is not fully understood).

18 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I'm sure he has a moral compass. What's wrong with him having the view 'who am I to judge?'

Maybe I do. Maybe I don’t.

The personal comments and bickering can stop now.

Discuss the topic, not each other.

No problem Nikki Red.

Just for the record, if anyone was bickering in my direction, I didn’t take offence or mind in the slightest.

Back on topic though, :)

Someone must have been bored to come up with this rubbish, I've got a ton more important things to think about. Facist or anti-facist is right wing or left wing both of which are extremes which most good people stay away from.

It's like saying if you love dogs, you hate cats. Most people are in the middle so this whole thing is rubbish.

It's a child like mentality that believes supporting one thing means automatically opposing another. 

It's a very black and white view of the world. Very dangerous.

I prefer my world to be shades of grey, and every other colour. Complexity is reality. Simplicity is for fools and followers.

1 hour ago, Footy 4 All said:

Someone must have been bored to come up with this rubbish, I've got a ton more important things to think about. Facist or anti-facist is right wing or left wing both of which are extremes which most good people stay away from.

It's like saying if you love dogs, you hate cats. Most people are in the middle so this whole thing is rubbish.

How can you be 'in the middle' about fascism? It's like being in the middle about child rape or undecided about decapitating little old ladies.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

It's a child like mentality that believes supporting one thing means automatically opposing another. 

It's a very black and white view of the world. Very dangerous.

I prefer my world to be shades of grey, and every other colour. Complexity is reality. Simplicity is for fools and followers.

'You're either with us or against us.'

Typical American statement, which allows no shades of grey - or reasoned discussion.

17 minutes ago, Anna B said:

'You're either with us or against us.'

Typical American statement, which allows no shades of grey - or reasoned discussion.

Is there anything good about fascism?