If You Aren't Anti-Fascist. ?

mort

So we are clear - the usual rules apply here. If you cannot behave in a civil manner then I will be happy to suspend your account. This includes personal attacks on other users. Debate the topic like rational adults please. 

Message added by mort

I didn't see anything wrong with anti fascists making their presence felt when the drug addled alcoholics of the EDL slithered into Sheffield several years ago. From what I could see those anti fascists were a mix of Trade Unionists,  Labour Party, Christian  Groups, many of whom were older people and at least half were women.  I acknowledge that at some point during  the day lots of young Asians looked to confront the knuckle dragging EDL, but given the latters racism who could blame them ?

( waits for " what colour are Muslims" response)

9 hours ago, Michael_W said:

ANTIFA is generally a middle class group of  pro violent 'ha ha' hard left wing activists !

I take it that you have no strong feelings of an anti - fascist nature then Michael?

Is it a kind of 'fascism is Ok, I don't know what the fuss is about' thing?

4 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

I didn't see anything wrong with anti fascists making their presence felt when the drug addled alcoholics of the EDL slithered into Sheffield several years ago. From what I could see those anti fascists were a mix of Trade Unionists,  Labour Party, Christian  Groups, many of whom were older people and at least half were women.  I acknowledge that at some point during  the day lots of young Asians looked to confront the knuckle dragging EDL, but given the latters racism who could blame them ?

( waits for " what colour are Muslims" response)

The EDL are ALL Knuckle Dragging,Drug Addled Alcoholics.

While the ANTIFA are all Good Christian, White collar, Trade Unionist's of an older generation.

Come on.

Yes ALL. That's how I think,  i'm incapable of thinking unless it's in stereotypes.

Incidentally i'm sure there are a few white collar thugs about and we've  seen plenty of gun toting, armor  wearing, militia thugs blocking entrances to City Halls in America recently, who I suspect would describe themselves as " Christian" 

Edited by Ridgewalk

13 hours ago, Halibut said:

If you aren't anti-fascist...are you a lover of fascism? If so, what is it that you think laudable about fascism? The fashion? The jackboots? The totalitarianism? Please share your thoughts.

No. I don’t think it does.

In my experience, saying “if you’re not pro a thing, you’re against it”, is simply a form of manipulation.

Just now, Waldo said:

No. I don’t think it does.

In my experience, saying “if you’re not pro a thing, you’re against it”, is simply a form of manipulation.

So how would you describe your position on fascism Waldo? 

17 minutes ago, Halibut said:

So how would you describe your position on fascism Waldo? 

I see a lot of similarities between it, and the kind of subtly aggressive and manipulative behaviour I described in my previous post.

Just now, Waldo said:

I see a lot of similarities between it, and the kind of subtly aggressive and manipulative behaviour I described in my previous post.

Really? Would you say in general terms fascism is a good thing, a bad thing, or morally neutral thing?

58 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Yes ALL. That's how I think,  i'm incapable of thinking unless it's in stereotypes.

Incidentally i'm sure there are a few white collar thugs about and we've  seen plenty of gun toting, armor  wearing, militia thugs blocking entrances to City Halls in America recently, who I suspect would describe themselves as " Christian" 

I preferred your reply before you edited it.

From what I can see the ANTIFA in America have taken over the peacefully nature of the protest of a grossly wrong murder of an American citizen.

Our version of ANTIFA are (or were) in general from the Student society although as the anti Fascist league etc (other Anti Fascist groups are available) have been around for many years now have many older people (from their early days) still in their ranks and from different spectrum's of society.

Which is much the same as many other political or none political organisations including those of a Pro Fascist nature.

the Generalisation of anyone who doesn't think the same way as you is a Thug with no brains is a dangerous thing to do.

Know your enemy. 

As for the Christian angle.

German troop's went into battle with 'Gott Mit Uns' emblazoned on their belt buckles.

15 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Really?

I think in terms of core underlying dynamics, yes, I see similarities.

The fact of me objecting to one, and that I have characterised it as “subtly aggressive and manipulative behaviour”, may give you a clue as to my position on the other.

2 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Generalisation of anyone who doesn't think the same way as you is a Thug with no brains is a dangerous thing to do.

Couldn’t agree more.

Ironically, Halibut is displaying fascistic mentality with this thread.

Fascism isn't the preserve of the right, it is a mentality of dogma, of do things as we do them, of think like we do, or else! this mentality and action is certainly present on the left.

Edited by Earthlyone