F Hall & Co - Sheffield Cutlers

Hoping someone can help.

I have a quantity of really nice quality table knives that bear the name F Hall & Co within a crown topped shield with “Sheffield Made” and “Hand Ground” therein.  Although in great condition I think they have some age but can’t find reference to this company anywhere.

Any information or assistance would be Greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

Bill

1 hour ago, Barchibald said:

Hoping someone can help.

I have a quantity of really nice quality table knives that bear the name F Hall & Co within a crown topped shield with “Sheffield Made” and “Hand Ground” therein.  Although in great condition I think they have some age but can’t find reference to this company anywhere.

Any information or assistance would be Greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

Bill

Well I've had a look, Walker & Hall.

Martin Hall,

Viners & Hall,

but No F Hall.  (there has to be a pun in there but I don't want this post removed - lol)

I've tried the likes of Straight Razor mfr (Teddy Boy) and Silver ware mfr's etc to no avail. nothing in assay marks neither.

Thing is there was that many Little Mesters in Sheffield as we all know.

Happy daze spend delivering milk up and around the Scotland St, Hollis Croft areas watching some of the Silver smiths and cutlery mfrs in their little work shops.

There is a Sibray, Hall and co 1881 - 1887 Fitzwilliam works, St Marys Rd.

Fredrick Sibray & Job Frank Hall & it looks like Frank didn't use the name Job but he died in 1901.

Best of luck with the research.