McDonalds Queues

25 minutes ago, makapaka said:

So what are people bothered about then - traffic?

worse things are happening at the moment really.

I think you should re read my original post because this reply of yours does you no favours.

12 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

I kept the location details deliberately vague to protect my privacy. By showing the exact location its immediately obvious where I live.

For information. I am a single dad with two autistic children, 1 with additional physical disabilities who requires many trips to the hospital. If you look at my previous threads youll see I am also an alcoholic. For these reasons I want to maintain my privacy. The point of my thread was simply to vent.

Its been a rough day.

Lockdown has been a boon for me and my kids eating habits. I now have a full herb and spice draw, stocked cupboards and freezer and every day meal time is exciting.

I also discovered the actual recipe for Chinese takeaway egg and special fried rice AND salt and pepper chicken. I swear to god, it 100% taste the same

Good on you Bob and I bet you’ve used the easing of lockdown restrictions for better effect for your kids than a long car queue for fast food 

7 hours ago, makapaka said:

So what are people bothered about then - traffic?

worse things are happening at the moment really.

Dunno about you, but I'm able to be bothered about more than one thing at once. 

I'm bothered about the pollution and littering caused by people queuing for McDonald's and dumping the packaging afterwards.

I'm also bothered about people being able to come and go freely from their houses as they wish.

I'm also simultaneously bothered about the impact of Coronavirus.

I think this type of scenario including that of Ikea queueing is that the selfish mentality fo the majority of the population hasn't changed one jot over the past 10 weeks. Regardless of all the pot clanging and desperate desire to make face masks from scrap clothing.

36 minutes ago, willman said:

I think this type of scenario including that of Ikea queueing is that the selfish mentality fo the majority of the population hasn't changed one jot over the past 10 weeks. Regardless of all the pot clanging and desperate desire to make face masks from scrap clothing.

That's human nature for you.

Quickly forgets all the pain, suffering, anguish, praying and worrying- as we saw in those early weeks of coronavirus and lockdown.

This pandemic proved humans are not self sufficient and are creatures of need.

But I fear so many will forget all the sacrifices made and just go about like nothing happened.

42 minutes ago, willman said:

I agree about Ikea. No way on this planet would I stand in a line that big to go in ANY shop! To do it while a killer virus is still around is plain stupidity IMO.

As for the masks and maybe making your own, I was in the chemist yesterday and noticed they were selling them. I sort of looked and it took a while for my brain to go into "WHAT" mode, £44.99 for 50 single use masks, or £1 each. IF they help stop the spread of the virus, a good start point would be a sensible price, I doubt many have a spare £45 at the moment.

12 hours ago, Longcol said:

Try googling -there have been hour long plus queues all over the country. 

Some idiot queued for THREE hours near me.

Lancashire police have had to deploy officers to the Preston ones to deal with the traffic.  Great use of resources.

14 hours ago, makapaka said:

It’s probably people trying to cheer their kids up after 3 months of their lives being turned upside down.

as long as they were all in their cars it’s not going to spread the virus so chill out.

When my local McDonalds drive through re-opens I'm not going to it until things settle down a bit. Same with all the other shops. I'm not playing that grubby game of  battling for parking spaces and being in long queues.

8 hours ago, willman said:

Unless they're going for the meatballs, (presumably not as I guess the eatery parts are closed?), what is wrong with someone's life that they feel the burning desire to turn up, (in one case at an IKEA at 05:45 for a 9am opening), & queue for hours to buy a bookcase or chair with a funny name?

It's not as though you could call it a day out.  

17 hours ago, catmiss said:

Good on you Bob and I bet you’ve used the easing of lockdown restrictions for better effect for your kids than a long car queue for fast food 

Thank you and yes weve been able to go out a little more but my son is limited as to how long he can be out ofthe house but more short trips have been really nice. I hope you have been able to make use of the easing too :)

Bob.

Edit.. I wasnt going to post this (all i seem to do is whinge when I post here lol  ) but Id like to ask the Forum what they think of a McDonalds employee physically preventing me getting home just now. He was stood on the exit of the roundabout and when I tried to drive up my road he stood there in the road telling me to go away "You cant come up here" were his words. This is the second time in two days McDs staff have tried stopping me getting home. I reported it to the police who say its a council matter until there is an accident, the council said they would look into it though which is good if they do and even better if they do something about it,.

What are peoples thoughts on this? Ill be honest at the moment im still fuming but a cig and a coffee will help sooth my anger lol.

Edited by BobOfRoth
More info