McDonalds Queues

I have the dubious honour of living a stones throw from a 24 hour McDonalds. As its been closed for a while we seem to have had a temporary reprieve from the usual rubbish, food waste, blocked driveway and general congestion we deal with day to day.

Well today it opened and WOW!!!! What a nightmare. This particular McDonalds entrance sits right on a roundabout and the drive through has been rammed all day. Several near misses, some roadrage, the roundabout gridlocked so people going in all directions were stood still, the road I live on completely blocked by people queuing for the drive through, not able to move off my drive, my neighbour blocked in and unable to go to her job (shes a carer) and when I and my neighbour finally did get out coming back was just as bad. McDonalds staf had placed cones on the exit of the roundabout and wouldn't let my neighbour get home. Instead they insisted she go a little further up the road and use that slip road. Thats a no entry slip road by the way so she refused and told them to move. They wouldnt and traffic was building up so she went about a quarter of a mile up the road and parked there. When I tried to get home I was refused but as traffic was light at the time I stood my ground and insisted she move the cones. She did, eventually but apparently Im an old something something lol. I rang the police to let them know that there is a problem aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, they told me to ring the council..

I cant wait to see what tomorrow brings

Bob.  

Edited by nikki-red

A bit sketchy & vague in actual facts? 

No mention of city or any other specific location, helping people avoid the area? 

Fancy providing a bit more detail? 

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

No mention of city or any other specific location, helping people avoid the area? 

I think the OP's username might give a clue to the town.

16 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I think the OP's username might give a clue to the town.

Not necessarily but I'm sure even the folk of Rotherham would like a bit more detail? 

Unless they've only got one roundabout & one McDonald's?  It'd be helpful for drivers not familiar with the area to be a bit more specific as to which area the place is situated in? 

I don't know about you but if I was planning to drive into Rotherham tomorrow & things are as bad as the OP states, I'd want to give the area a miss. 

Edited by Baron99

35 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Not necessarily but I'm sure the folk of Rotherham would like a bit more detail? 

Unless they've only got one roundabout & one McDonald's?  It'd be helpful for drivers not familiar with the area to be a bit more specific as to which area the place is situated in? 

A quick google suggests this.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/transport/south-yorkshire-buses-delayed-and-diverted-drivers-queuing-mcdonalds-drive-thru-2872578

Although from memory the one near Canklow is on a roundabout and a snarl up there would make Brinsworth a so and so. Ditto the one at the bottom of Herringthorpe valley out on the Doncaster road.

From the google search it would appear there have been massive queues for McDonalds all over the country so I'd avoid going near any of them if possible. People living near them have my sympathy.

Edited by Longcol

Bob’s story makes the theory that the lockdown has made all of us long term converts to home cooking and healthy eating  a mockery. The myriad of internet videos losing out to the lure of fast food 

Guest makapaka

It’s probably people trying to cheer their kids up after 3 months of their lives being turned upside down.

as long as they were all in their cars it’s not going to spread the virus so chill out.

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It’s probably people trying to cheer their kids up after 3 months of their lives being turned upside down.

as long as they were all in their cars it’s not going to spread the virus so chill out.

Nobody is suggesting it will spread the virus.

Guest makapaka
2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Nobody is suggesting it will spread the virus.

So what are people bothered about then - traffic?

worse things are happening at the moment really.

Just now, makapaka said:

So what are people bothered about then - traffic?

Did you read the OP?

Try googling -there have been hour long plus queues all over the country. 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

That was deliberate to protect my privacy.

I hope you understand.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Not necessarily but I'm sure even the folk of Rotherham would like a bit more detail? 

I don't know about you but if I was planning to drive into Rotherham tomorrow & things are as bad as the OP states, I'd want to give the area a miss. 

I kept the location details deliberately vague to protect my privacy. By showing the exact location its immediately obvious where I live.

For information. I am a single dad with two autistic children, 1 with additional physical disabilities who requires many trips to the hospital. If you look at my previous threads youll see I am also an alcoholic. For these reasons I want to maintain my privacy. The point of my thread was simply to vent.

Its been a rough day.

34 minutes ago, catmiss said:

Bob’s story makes the theory that the lockdown has made all of us long term converts to home cooking and healthy eating  a mockery. The myriad of internet videos losing out to the lure of fast food 

Lockdown has been a boon for me and my kids eating habits. I now have a full herb and spice draw, stocked cupboards and freezer and every day meal time is exciting.

I also discovered the actual recipe for Chinese takeaway egg and special fried rice AND salt and pepper chicken. I swear to god, it 100% taste the same