McDonalds Queues

I'm amazed the one at 29a of the M1 didn't effect the motorway. It's always at the best of times.

@BobOfRothMy understanding of the law regarding this is that only the police or other authorised individuals - for instance marshals at football matches - have the legal power to prevent you travelling along the highway, but I could be wrong, so don't take my word for it.

It seems odd that McDonalds employees feel they can stop you accessing your property. Have you tried speaking to the manager or contacting Head Office? It must be really frustrating but don’t let it get in the way of you and your family’s well being 

Ridiculous queuing here this morning. Cars parked all over-on corners, double yellow lines etc. Impossible to tell which cars were trying to get up to Morrisons, which were queuing for McDonalds and which for B&Q. Do people really need these take-aways so desperately?!

same at archer road,had to put on a man ,to see to traffic,madness

3 hours ago, lindylou53 said:

Ridiculous queuing here this morning. Cars parked all over-on corners, double yellow lines etc. Impossible to tell which cars were trying to get up to Morrisons, which were queuing for McDonalds and which for B&Q. Do people really need these take-aways so desperately?!

I came past here just after 12.30 and traffic was stood in the inside lane past the car showrooms. Cars were nose to tail queuing for the McDonald's drive thru.

I do wonder at the sanity of someone who is prepared to queue up like that  in busy traffic for that sort of low grade food, but each to their own I suppose.

1 hour ago, charliewag said:

I came past here just after 12.30 and traffic was stood in the inside lane past the car showrooms. Cars were nose to tail queuing for the McDonald's drive thru.

Interesting, I turned into Morrisons (heading to town) about 11.30am and didnt notice any queues at all.

8 hours ago, lindylou53 said:

As you come from Penistone Road junction isn't it one lane for all of them for a dozen yards or so until the r/h lane for B&Q?

Pretty sure McDonalds and Morrisons share the same lane.

Drivers wanting to go to Morrison's were unable to do so because of the queues for McDonalds. Traffic in the right hand lane for going into McDonald's, Morrison's and B+Q was also building up as there was nowhere for them to go.

It's like this every week at Hillsborough (I can only comment from when I do my weekly shop!) 

The drivers queuing for Macdonalds try and stay well over to the left so others can still get through, but it doesn't always work.  Then you have all the delivery drivers parked on the double yellows half on/half off the pavements up to the Garrison and round to the recycling bins behind Morrisons. 

Chaos