Long Lost Families

Just been watching long last family’s about people being abandoned at birth and wondered if you were abandoned would you trace your biological parents ?or would you leave things in the past in the past ?

1 hour ago, rudds1 said:

Just been watching long last family’s about people being abandoned at birth and wondered if you were abandoned would you trace your biological parents ?or would you leave things in the past in the past ?

I found the programme very interesting and touching. I would trace my biological parents.

I would definitely want to know where I came from.  Having had a childhood with natural parents who at times made me feel unwanted/unloved, researching my family history made me feel as if I really did belong somewhere.  

Yes- if only for medical reasons. Could be very important for me and my descendents and maybe later in life when I could enjoy contact with long lost cousins.

No-  unless I first ask myself questions and am absolutely certain of my answers.

Who am  I doing this for?  Assume I am  doing  this for myself.

Who could I potentially harm? Make a list of everybody-with myself at the top of the list.

What is the potential for damage to people I have never met and have no link to. Assume I will.

The TV would never be  a consideration. 

The TV company is not on my side! They want to make money. TV programmes like this are very profitable and  are very expensive to make. The costs that the company would have to bare if it was unable to aire the programme would be enormous. There will be a gradual ramping up of my contractual obligation to discourage me and other pulling out and clauses that prevent me and others that appear suing the programme makers for misrepresentation etc. 

The programme will be repeated all over the world on dozens of channels over decades. I will never regain any control over broadcasting.

There are very few Hollywood happy endings.