Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I've noticed a complete lack of birdsong in our back garden, and the bird feeders which are usually very busy are hardly being used.

Anybody else experienced this?

Nope.  Got more than usual here.  Maybe they've all fled to the seaside?

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I've noticed a complete lack of birdsong in our back garden, and the bird feeders which are usually very busy are hardly being used.

The pigeons are looking a bit forlorn in the city centre this morning, scratching around looking for food.

They look as though they're rying to remember what they used to eat, before they got into kabab & chips?

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The pigeons are looking a bit forlorn in the city centre this morning, scratching around looking for food.

They look as though they're rying to remember what they used to eat, before they got into kabab & chips?

Serves em right, they should have panic pecked before this all started.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

People suddenly at home might feel the need to fill the feeders up so they’re spread out more. When I was out with the dog the other day, loads of birdsong.

Good, glad to hear they're still around. Probably busy making babies at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Good, glad to hear they're still around. Probably busy making babies at the moment.

We've had a long-tailed tit desperately trying to make babies with his/her own reflection in our kitchen window for four days now!

Bless.....

Rejection's an awful thing!

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Anna B said:

If you like your birds, want to take time out from all this COVID-19 stuff & while away a few minutes or so, Google Sheffield Peregrines 2020.

Think this link should work?  http://peregrine.group.shef.ac.uk/

Webcam footage. 

Edited by Baron99

20 hours ago, andyofborg said:

when all this is over the you are pretty much guaranteed to keep your job. no one else is, especially those who are doing nothing.

even those of us who are actually working at home are not entirely confident of the future.

Well I think we can expect a stricter lockdown soon as people left right and centre are just sticking two fingers up to this softly softly approach. I've seen families out buying garden furniture and barbecue's etc and someone buying a tv stand.  I've also seen people near me with friends over with kids in the garden. Just moronic beyond belief.

9 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

I think your timeline was too soon for COVID-19. It was mid February before we started getting confirmed cases over here. 

Some sources (the Oxford study, which also says around 50% of the population already have - or have had - the virus) reckon it's been here since January.

23 minutes ago, Justin Smith said:

Some sources (the Oxford study, which also says around 50% of the population already have - or have had - the virus) reckon it's been here since January.

Patient zero supposedly brought it back from Austria in January accoring to Yahoo newsfeed.

30 minutes ago, willman said:

Patient zero supposedly brought it back from Austria in January accoring to Yahoo newsfeed.

First two confirmed cases in the UK were on 31st January according to the ECDC dataset.