Coronavirus

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said those who cannot work from home should go to work "to keep the country running".

So that's not confusing, is it?!

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

Why not just do a normal shop instead of just the 8am slot? I will be doing one tomorrow, sod that bit about doing it at 8am as I don't get up till 10... 

Because I'd rather like to get everything she needs, rather than walk out with a half-empty basket?

43 minutes ago, Ghozer said:
And this is why no one knows what to believe/do/who to listen to...

2 papers, both posted articles within 2 hours of each other...

One reads: "Coronavirus deaths rising faster in UK than Italy"

The other reads: "On Monday, a new analysis of data from both countries showed that deaths may indeed be rising marginally more slowly in Britain than they did in Italy."

The Telegraph and The Guardian....

is there any wonder people are loosing trust in news outlets, and confused about info... :|

I know which of those two is more likely to be telling the truth...

The Govt has tried to treat people like adults in all of this & requesting that you self-isolate & stay 2m apart but many couldn't manage or deliberately chose to ignore the request, so we end up where we are today. 

Johnson asks, on scientific advice, to limit your contact to 2 people when outside yet already today.... https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/twenty-people-gather-barbecue-coventry-17972208

45 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Because I'd rather like to get everything she needs, rather than walk out with a half-empty basket?

I don't think that would be the case as others have stated that Sainsburys and other supermarkets now have fairly well stocked shelves. The only advantage of going at 8am is that it is just a time slot for the elderly and vulnerable and I doubt they will be panic buying the lot.  But that decision is always up to you. :)

New Nightingale hospital, new pppe ,  250.000 volunteers,  is all this just going to London and sod the rest of the country as per.  :roll:

25 minutes ago, apelike said:

I don't think that would be the case as others have stated that Sainsburys and other supermarkets now have fairly well stocked shelves. The only advantage of going at 8am is that it is just a time slot for the elderly and vulnerable and I doubt they will be panic buying the lot.  But that decision is always up to you. :)

Morrison's at Hillsborough didn't today. A lot of stuff was still not available.

14 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

New Nightingale hospital, new pppe ,  250.000 volunteers,  is all this just going to London and sod the rest of the country as per.  :roll:

At the minute, it appears that london needs the extra hospital space.  additional hospital space will be rolled out as and when needed. let's hope it 's not 

1 minute ago, Groose said:

Morrison's at Hillsborough didn't today. A lot of stuff was still not available.

Were they limiting customers Groose, Tesco at Southey had queues outside this morning ?

17 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

At the minute, it appears that london needs the extra hospital space.  additional hospital space will be rolled out as and when needed. let's hope it 's not 

Admitted at the moment london are undergoing the majority of cases, just hope other cities get the additional help when required.

Halibut,

To believe anything nowadays is almost a quaint way of being.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Were they limiting customers Groose, Tesco at Southey had queues outside this morning ?

There were not many people in, I was doing my best to avoid the people that were in there so didn't take that much notice. Most of the 'key' items, like pasta, toilet roll etc were not in stock.