Coronavirus

8 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Its been proven that these masks do very little.

Ok, so why do ALL medical staff wear them??? 

Why have ALL medical staff been complaining that they haven't got them???

Why have the government ordered millions to be distributed to all hospitals??

Is it because they do VERY LITTLE?  or do they help protect them?

As far as i am concerned every little bit of protection is helpful... because i care about others.

Last thing i want to do is cough in someones face, i would rather cough into a mask...

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Define Idiots? :suspect:

"Its just a flu", "It is conspiracy", "Blame free masons, Illuminati etc" 

4 minutes ago, alandrea0 said:

Ok, so why do ALL medical staff wear them??? 

Why have ALL medical staff been complaining that they haven't got them???

Why have the government ordered millions to be distributed to all hospitals??

Is it because they do VERY LITTLE?  or do they help protect them?

As far as i am concerned every little bit of protection is helpful... because i care about others.

Last thing i want to do is cough in someones face, i would rather cough into a mask...

The WHO states that masks are only effective if used in conjunction with frequent hand cleaning, the danger is it gives the wearer a false sense of security and leads to unnecessary risks.

In other news I've got a cold. I think it's a cold - no fever, no tight chest but a banging sinus headache. But now I'm worrying I'm looking forodd symptoms that one or two people might have had. 

13 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

The WHO states that masks are only effective if used in conjunction with frequent hand cleaning, the danger is it gives the wearer a false sense of security and leads to unnecessary risks.

I think Roger Daltrey is right 😷

7 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

In other news I've got a cold. I think it's a cold - no fever, no tight chest but a banging sinus headache. But now I'm worrying I'm looking forodd symptoms that one or two people might have had. 

Unfortunately, our Government have decided that testing is not a priority. The World Health Organisation says testing is very important.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Agree completly with your post but as we both know there are Genuine people who have to go out for Genuine different reason. 

Of course, and logically they are those who don't answer to my definition of 'idiots', ie those who need to go out for work/meds/groceries ;)

Oh yeah, while I'm here: people, when you next visit your supermarket or corner store, don't forget to thank the shelf stackers, and your till operator, for their presence at work. By the smiles I can discern behind masks (not to mention the thanks), they appreciate it as much as your next NHS worker :)

Edited by L00b

2 hours ago, willman said:

Really - i work for a company that supplies suppliers of the NHS - suppose you'd like to close us down and send home 100 staff. 

The lets see where the NHS get there sharps buckets from, hand sanitiser and wet wipe dispensers. Then further down the line to food services,chemicals for cleaning spills etc.We supply into the animal feed chain,oil/fuel sectors and almost every sector you can imagine.

We aren't key workers - but in 2-3 weeks time we will be once they've run out of stock and need replenishing, once we're shut we'll be staying shut.

id say that business is essential

Regarding the mask discussion, are the ones that Joe public can obtain the same quality as those used within the NHS? Maybe  one type offers much greater protection? 

10 minutes ago, Janus said:

Regarding the mask discussion, are the ones that Joe public can obtain the same quality as those used within the NHS? Maybe  one type offers much greater protection? 

Try Amazon

36 minutes ago, L00b said:

Of course, and logically they are those who don't answer to my definition of 'idiots', ie those who need to go out for work/meds/groceries ;)

Oh yeah, while I'm here: people, when you next visit your supermarket or corner store, don't forget to thank the shelf stackers, and your till operator, for their presence at work. By the smiles I can discern behind masks (not to mention the thanks), they appreciate it as much as your next NHS worker :)

I thanked the Tesco delivery man for his service. He's literally helped me feed our house and three other vulnerable people.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

If you have no noticeable fever or no dry non producing continuous cough then none of your symptoms appear to be anything related to the outbreak.

Just take the usual precautions you would do if you had any other type of cold or flu symptom.

I see no need for additional worries.