Coronavirus

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

The Government are setting up a system where those who are most vulnerable to the virus and are isolating for 12 weeks (over 70s, people under 70 with specific health conditions) will be able to register to receive support from the Government such as getting hold of essential supplies.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable

The same government that is pushing this through tomorrow-

https://www.inclusionlondon.org.uk/campaigns-and-policy/act-now/coronavirus-bill-could-leave-thousands-of-disabled-people-without-support/?fbclid=IwAR1gHVQc9dnynq6qi4XeFZA7JOCJIgRX5GeM5HqIM57shdwafhzPfBE0p3Y

"The Bill will effectively free local authorities of their duties to provide social care support under the Care Act 2014 and will only oblige local authorities to provide support in cases where the human rights of Disabled people will be breached.

We know from experience that in order for human rights to be breached in social care context the situation has to be very critical or severe. "

How shoddy to use coronovirus as an excuse to further wittle away the already inadequate support for the most vulnerable. It really shows the true colours of those at the top of our political system. 

This is going to be hurting a lot of vulnerable people well after the coronvirus has been and gone.

Most people are currently totally unaware of this and, this bill is likely to go through completely unopposed, as there is a  general assumption that it is emergency legislation soley to provide protective measures against coronovirus- clearly it contains some rather sinister measures that are nothing to do with that.

Anyone who cares, I suggest you share it as widely as possible on all social media.

Edited by onewheeldave

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

I'm not going to argue.

We seem to be on different things here.

I don't mean I want the latest death stats, or who they are or where.

I mean I want to be able to click on something - like a gov app, (since there apps for everything) I've said this earlier.

-

Things are changing fast. I want to know the latest advice.

Do you know what it is?

Well this seems like an obvious starting point:

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

There is even a link to sign up to updates by email.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, altus said:

You seem to have decided that an app is the solution and won't accept that any other suggestions may have any validity.

You're ignoring the fact that many of the people who you claim can't search for things on the net are also the people who don't have smartphones because they are too complicated, the text is too small, they don't have proper buttons, etc. and don't have apps.

That's before you get into issues of which versions of mobile OSs to support, people living in areas of poor/no mobile coverage, etc.

How is your suggestion of producing multiple apps (because you'll need to support at least iOS and Android) any better than telling people to go to the government's coronavirus advice web page at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Personally I would prefer just a time (or 2) in every day when all important info in one. tv radio etc.

I would download the app, but I just suggested that because what most people use these days. I don't use mobiles or tablets. (other than phone for work)

-

and won't accept that any other suggestions may have any validity.

what?

There were 4 suggestions.

1. The Guardian

2. A stats on deaths site (which was actually already in my list of infos)

3. yours. search for "iplayer news coronavirus" and it's the first link.

4. gov/uk/coron which is my first in my list - any sign of anything that boris said today at 5.09pm?

2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

I originally asked for what people are using.

The fact that I got 4 responses, that are all different just shows what I was saying.

I would just like a time to watch latest. I don't want to watch anything other than experts, and latest info.

Edited by *_ash_*

2 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

The same government that is pushing this through tomorrow-

https://www.inclusionlondon.org.uk/campaigns-and-policy/act-now/coronavirus-bill-could-leave-thousands-of-disabled-people-without-support/?fbclid=IwAR1gHVQc9dnynq6qi4XeFZA7JOCJIgRX5GeM5HqIM57shdwafhzPfBE0p3Y

"The Bill will effectively free local authorities of their duties to provide social care support under the Care Act 2014 and will only oblige local authorities to provide support in cases where the human rights of Disabled people will be breached.

We know from experience that in order for human rights to be breached in social care context the situation has to be very critical or severe. "

How shoddy to use coronovirus as an excuse to further wittle away the already inadequate support for the most vulnerable. It really shows the true colours of those at the top of our political system. 

This is going to be hurting a lot of vulnerable people well after the coronvirus has been and gone.

Most people are currently totally unaware of this and, this bill is likely to go through completely unopposed, as there is a  general assumption that it is emergency legislation soley to provide protective measures against coronovirus- clearly it contains some rather sinister measures that are nothing to do with that.

Anyone who cares, I suggest you share it as widely as possible on all social media.

This is hugely serious, I urge people to read the link.

All those people who think lovely, cuddly Boris doing such a good job, isn't capable of such deviousness needs only to look at his track record for duplicity. As always, it's not what he says, but what he doesn't say.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

shame SF doesn't allow screenshots,

so i copied the text

this is the main thing on the homepage: do you think that's what the PM and GMC said today? @ECCOnoob ? (23/4/20 - 0110 screenshot)

You're an intelligent man. Do you think that this is good live info?

Stay at home if you or someone you live with have either:

• a high temperature
  • a new, continuous cough

Check the NHS website if you have symptoms

Edited by *_ash_*

----

and on another forum, I've read that McDonalds is closing at 7pm tomorrow. (could be true could be false)

but if true, why announce that?

clearly given last few days, everyone going to flock there.

I hope they don't, but this my first thought, from people not listening to advice.

Just now, *_ash_* said:

----

and on another forum, I've read that McDonalds is closing at 7pm tomorrow. (could be true could be false)

but if true, why announce that?

clearly given last few days, everyone going to flock there.

I hope they don't, but this my first thought, from people not listening to advice.

Well given McDonald's have made an official announcement on their website and it is reaching the newspapers I would say it's pretty true.

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

Well given McDonald's have made an official announcement on their website and it is reaching the newspapers I would say it's pretty true.

un f-ing believable.

totally irresponsible.

they should shut now, otherwise more gatherings.

44 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

shame SF doesn't allow screenshots,

so i copied the text

this is the main thing on the homepage: do you think that's what the PM and GMC said today? @ECCOnoob ? (23/4/20 - 0110 screenshot)

You're an intelligent man. Do you think that this is good live info?

Stay at home if you or someone you live with have either:

• a high temperature
  • a new, continuous cough

Check the NHS website if you have symptoms

Well given it has a newsfeed at the top of the page and a link for subscription to rolling email updates I don't really know how much more up to date you want and need. 

The advice is pretty consistant. 

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Well given it has a newsfeed at the top of the page and a link for subscription to rolling email updates I don't really know how much more up to date you want and need. 

The advice is pretty consistant. 

I'm not talking about me.

Obviously I can find things. I watch sites as I find them from people and have been for a while. I have been watching this and posting about it since mid jan,  on other forums, when it was night time news material, because daytime news was more interested in 'celebrities', and then floods really dominated the news. (poor buggers btw if house knackered, and isolation)

I don't understand, I must not have written it clear enough of badly.

I'm talking about people who don't spend all their time on computers or tech.

2 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

un f-ing believable.

totally irresponsible.

they should shut now, otherwise more gatherings.

You could say the same about every single supermarket which are still open.   

They could have stormed in an immediately demanded every pub shut immediately and kicked out all the drinkers halfway through their pints.  How do you think that would go down? 

Nobody has forced McD to shut down. They are choosing to do VOLUNTARILLY  as a calculated risk assessment to protect their staff.   They are therefore closing at what they deem to be the most feesable  timeframe.  

Jeez, even the much heavier handed Spain and Italy gave a cut off period before the enforcement happened. 

Be realistic.  

Just now, *_ash_* said:

I'm not talking about me.

Obviously I can find things. I watch sites as I find them from people and have been for a while. I have been watching this and posting about it since mid jan,  on other forums, when it was night time news material, because daytime news was more interested in 'celebrities', and then floods really dominated the news. (poor buggers btw if house knackered, and isolation)

I don't understand, I must not have written it clear enough of badly.

I'm talking about people who don't spend all their time on computers or tech.

The news??   I don't understand what you getting at. 

If people want official information than there is an official government website which has it.    If people without the internet want controlled and direct news sources then the public service broadcasters have it every single hour on the radio and several times a day on national television.

Of course internet by it's very nature will have 1001 alternative versions but that's people's free choice to read or dismiss.

What more do you expect to happen.