Coronavirus

2 hours ago, CaptainSwing said:

Thanks FG, that's really good news.

FG

Please don’t take this as a criticism, but - looking at the gov website - it appears to be  both the over and under 70’s with the specified health conditions.

It doesn’t appear to  apply to all over 70’s  (says this 76 year old) !

44 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

just out of interest,

what do people here use for latest info?

I luckily caught the 5.10pm one,

where would this info be available for everyone, without watching hours of crap on bbc, or googling news stories.

In Your Area. 

Worldometer.

Posted (edited)

Captain Swing,

That Imperial College report makes scary reading.

Suppression means a continuous programme of government intervention in the way we conduct our life. The crisis may never be over.

I ventured out in my isolation-O-mobile . I observed from the safety of my car. The people on the street were the young-exercising

their prerogative of, "If I get it I won't die-whatever ".

The Suppression methods with social distancing right across the age spectrum might be rejected by the young. "It inconvenient and doesn't affect me. So I won't do it".

The social fabric is stretched and may tear apart.

Edited by petemcewan

17 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

it will be available all over. the guardian live feed covers it, i imagine all the others do too and given the time is more or less fixed you don't actually have to watch a great deal of non-press conference content if you don't want too.

That's paid for site., and you have to google it. How many people know about this resource? - this pretty much means no one sees this, other than Guardian readers.

Also not all people are tech savvy. Googling things on phones you mean?

I've never googled anything on my phone. I use the desktop for things like this. Phone only for work - so no idea where I left it, as no use now!

14 minutes ago, retep said:

In Your Area. 

Worldometer.

That's a stats site. Not info for people about what's happening now.

This is a very informative video - not meant to scare but inform

3 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

That's paid for site., and you have to google it. How many people know about this resource? - this pretty much means no one sees this, other than Guardian readers.

Also not all people are tech savvy. Googling things on phones you mean?

I've never googled anything on my phone. I use the desktop for things like this. Phone only for work - so no idea where I left it, as no use now!

That's a stats site. Not info for people about what's happening now.

82 cases in Sheffield, what are you expecting their names and addresses?

Just now, Daven said:

This is a very informative video - not meant to scare but inform

I've clicked on watch later Daven, but you post good posts, so I'll watch it. later. Only watched hour of news, and I'm done in.

I would have just clicked like button if this forum had one. saves time, so this is just endorsing people watching a poster who I know won't post anything nonsense.

Who do you feel gives a better and understandable on the present understanding of the situation and restrictions.

Boris Johnson or Nicola Sturgeon

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, desy said:

Who do you feel gives a better and understandable on the present understanding of the situation and restrictions.

Boris Johnson or Nicola Sturgeon

She was on the news this evening, she is an excellent and clear communicator.

Edited by Mister Gee

8 minutes ago, retep said:

82 cases in Sheffield, what are you expecting their names and addresses?

I'm not going to argue.

We seem to be on different things here.

I don't mean I want the latest death stats, or who they are or where.

I mean I want to be able to click on something - like a gov app, (since there apps for everything) I've said this earlier.

-

Things are changing fast. I want to know the latest advice.

Do you know what it is?

Posted (edited)

See post 953

Edited by Daven

19 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

Captain Swing,

That Imperial College report makes scary reading.

Suppression means a continuous programme of government intervention in the way we conduct our life. The crisis may never be over.

I ventured out in my isolation-O-mobile . I observed from the safety of my car. The people on the street were the young-exercising

their prerogative of, "If I get it I won't die-whatever ".

The Suppression methods of social distancing right across the age spectrum might be rejected by the young. "It inconvenient and doesn't affect me. So I won't do it".

The social fabric is stretched and may tear apart.

Maybe the young, fit & healthy should be directed to this story? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51995137  Fit & healthy 28 year old. 

Saw the ITN new a couple of hours ago, showing one of the parks in London with an outdoor exercise area that was packed with people in their 20's & 30's, all believing that exercising in such an environment was healthy, even though they were less than 2m from each other, swinging from metal bars which would hold any virus for several days & using other hard surfaces as pointed out by the reporter? 

On speaking with some of them, they gave the impression that they were somehow impervious to catching the virus & if they did, clearly gave sod all consideration that they could pass it on to their friend & family.