Jump to content

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

As for the absolute idiots who thought it would be a good time to go off to the East Coast to stay in their static caravans !  Beggars belief. Although I guess it takes the pressure off Sheffield hospitals 

Edited by Daven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dropout said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed....or if there is a Topic elsewhere that I am not aware of....but...What about (our) pets?

 

Does anyone know of any accurate information as to wether pets have been (or can be) affected by this Corona virus too, passing from Humans,obviously?!

 

Yes, I know, we are going to have our hands (and beds) more than full in dealing with the "Sick" Humans, but also, so many people have pets/animals that they cherish and care for too. Will they become ill because of all this?

 

Anyone know? Thankyou.

From the US Centre for Disease Control FAQ

Should I be concerned about pets or other animals and COVID-19?

While this virus seems to have emerged from an animal source, it is now spreading from person-to-person in China. There is no reason to think that any animals including pets in the United States might be a source of infection with this new coronavirus. To date, CDC has not received any reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19. At this time, there is no evidence that companion animals including pets can spread COVID-19. However, since animals can spread other diseases to people, it’s always a good idea to wash your hands after being around animals. For more information on the many benefits of pet ownership, as well as staying safe and healthy around animals including pets, livestock, and wildlife, visit CDC’s Healthy Pets, Healthy People website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dropout said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed....or if there is a Topic elsewhere that I am not aware of....but...What about (our) pets?

 

Does anyone know of any accurate information as to wether pets have been (or can be) affected by this Corona virus too, passing from Humans,obviously?!

 

Yes, I know, we are going to have our hands (and beds) more than full in dealing with the "Sick" Humans, but also, so many people have pets/animals that they cherish and care for too. Will they become ill because of all this?

 

Anyone know? Thankyou.

A possibility but as no post-mortem was carried out on the dog from Hong the evidence is inconclusive? 

https://time.com/5805524/hong-kong-dog-dies-after-coronavirus-quarantine/

 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

 

 

Is nobody actually washing their hands when they get home before they touch the actual food products and their kitchen?

YES WE ARE, stop preaching to the converted as though there is only you that knows what it's  all about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, andyofborg said:

They do a press conference around 5pm weekdays. not sure about weekends

Yeah, bold my point exactly andy - i think a good move would be to have times that everyone knows an announcement .

 

It surprises me that with the internet, rather than good info being passed around, people who want to hear the experts/the PM/ etc. have to either watch TV all day or read thousands of links or forums or whatever, and try and filter out all the nonsense.

 

I think latest info, isn't easy to distinguish or find. ( in general).

 

Has anyone thought about the government having an  APP (or in progress?! I don't know)

 

there's a bloody app for everything else...  :hihi:

 

If there was an app I would download it. no social media no this or that... JUST - what to do now.  and what the situation is.

 

simple advice and latest. no nonsense.

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Daven said:

As for the absolute idiots who thought it would be a good time to go off to the East Coast to stay in their static caravans !  Beggars belief. Although I guess it takes the pressure off Sheffield hospitals 

Yes,  I quoted you Daven because I woke up this morning and thought, I'll go to the seaside as I haven't been in years and I can get away from all this. And makes use of my taxi which now generates no income! :shocked:

 

 

Then I thought, not good idea, as probably everyone thinking same. I'm now thinking I should have completed my psychology degree :hihi:

 

The shutdowns in europe looks bad, I don't want it, but what can you do?

 

Things like this just force the gov into locking people down, so all the sensible people suffer because of the few. Same as I've written for years. Few ruin it for everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by *_ash_*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Yeah, bold my point exactly andy - i think a good move would be to have times that everyone knows an announcement .

 

It surprises me that with the internet, rather than good info being passed around, people who want to hear the experts/the PM/ etc. have to either watch TV all day or read thousands of links or forums or whatever, and try and filter out all the nonsense.

 

I think latest info, isn't easy to distinguish or find. ( in general).

 

Has anyone thought about the government having an  APP (or in progress?! I don't know)

 

there's a bloody app for everything else...  :hihi:

 

If there was an app I would download it. no social media no this or that... JUST - what to do now.  and what the situation is.

 

simple advice and latest. no nonsense.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes,  I quoted you Daven because I woke up this morning and thought, I'll go to the seaside as I haven't been in years and I can get away from all this. And makes use of my taxi which now generates no income! :shocked:

 

 

Then I thought, not good idea, as probably everyone thinking same. I'm now thinking I should have completed my psychology degree :hihi:

 

The shutdowns in europe looks bad, I don't want it, but what can you do?

 

Things like this just force the gov into locking people down, so all the sensible people suffer because of the few. Same as I've written for years. Few ruin it for everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I bet rother valley was heaving today. It will be heaving tomorrow. I will not be there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

I bet rother valley was heaving today. It will be heaving tomorrow. I will not be there!

I can’t believe that folk are still gathering.

 

The incubation period of covid 19 is up to two weeks.  So, if you catch it now and incubate it for two weeks, you hit the symptoms at the peak of the epidemic. Hospitals over run. Not enough beds/ docs/ ventilators. Ok if you get the mild disease, but are you feeling lucky?

 

Now is exactly the time to hide away and avoid contact with others.  Anyone who doesn’t is crazy in my opinion 

Edited by Pettytom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51991887

 

this type of thing would be good on the app idea.

 

This is sensible info that many people wouldn't see,

 

and really, it's very important info (obvious to most, but seasides and rother valleys aside, needs to be told to everyone

Edited by *_ash_*
edited for clarity and linking about rother valley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daven said:

As for the absolute idiots who thought it would be a good time to go off to the East Coast to stay in their static caravans !  Beggars belief. Although I guess it takes the pressure off Sheffield hospitals 

Just listening to the news.  Apparently they're having a similar problem in Scotland with loads of people driving out of cities & up to the Highlands, all cramped together in their camper vans. 

 

4 hours ago, Daven said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

John Lewis are temporarily closing all their stores after this  Monday for the foreseeable future because of the threat of COVID-19.  Everything is moving to online sales. 

 

Noticed on Saturday that all the main bookmakers had their shutters down with notes pinned up stating it was to protect both staff & customers. 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want a shutdown either but given the fact that a lot of people seem incapable of being sensible it's inevitable. My opinion is sooner rather than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe-b-1 said:

I don't want a shutdown either but given the fact that a lot of people seem incapable of being sensible it's inevitable. My opinion is sooner rather than later.

yeah. I think even though is worst nightmare. People are just mingling too much, including current supermarket rules, lots of people are going shopping at the same time.  We discussed this a page earlier @taxman

 

There will be huge outrage if we end up like Italy or Spain in 2 or 3 weeks, and if not learn lessons from them, and China who before even made major news were doing huge containment, and reports seem to suggest that things are slightly better there, a few months on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.