Coronavirus

3 hours ago, Michael_W said:

Britannia Hotels have dumped their workers out on the streets, absolutely deplorable act, I hope they really go bust after this, same goes for any other hotel chain that does the same.

100% agree with you.

I did hear on the radio this morning of a hotel that is offering shelter the homeless through the Coronavirus, as they will be extremely vulnerable.

This crisis really has brought the worst and the best in people.

9 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Tara,  this Forum is  a God send ,  I better shurrup or Ill get suspended for what I really want to say to ignorant Sods who dont appreciate helpful and life saving information this Forum provides, and different peoples plights and experiences.  :rant:

I'll second that, been a life line for me sat alone for god's how long

17 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Tara,  this Forum is  a God send ,  I better shurrup or Ill get suspended for what I really want to say to ignorant Sods who dont appreciate helpful and life saving information this Forum provides, and different peoples plights and experiences.  :rant:

Well I was going to second that, but Kay has beaten me to it.. so I will thirdly it.

Please keep an eye on elderly and vulnerable people. An old lady who lives close to me had someone knock on her door and ask if she needed any shopping. Being too trusting she said yes, gave him a list and £30. This was (she thinks) Monday and this person never returned with her shopping or her money.

Ive given her things from my cupboard and freezer to tide her over for a week or so and I have offered to take her shopping myself. Hopefully she will let me do this and she can put this horrible episode behind her.

Be safe everyone but just as importantly stay on your guard.

Bob.

Posted (edited)

Why supermarkets are not disinfecting shopping trolleys

witnessed someone today sneeze into their hand (natural reaction) then carried on pushing the trolly....!

maybe it’s just me, but why isn’t there someone disinfecting shopping basket and trolley handles. It seems pretty logical as a perfect way to spread germs.

next user, grabs trolley, touches face, cups hand to catch sneeze... and so the cycle begins.

Edited by mrcharlie

31 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

Please keep an eye on elderly and vulnerable people. An old lady who lives close to me had someone knock on her door and ask if she needed any shopping. Being too trusting she said yes, gave him a list and £30. This was (she thinks) Monday and this person never returned with her shopping or her money.

Ive given her things from my cupboard and freezer to tide her over for a week or so and I have offered to take her shopping myself. Hopefully she will let me do this and she can put this horrible episode behind her.

Be safe everyone but just as importantly stay on your guard.

Bob.

How bad is that Bob, the stinking evil low life, makes my blood boil.. what a shame we have to breath the same air that scum.

Look after her Bob, your doing a grand job.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, mrcharlie said:

witnessed someone today sneeze into their hand (natural reaction) then carried on pushing the trolly....!

maybe it’s just me, but why isn’t there someone disinfecting shopping basket and trolley handles. It seems pretty logical as a perfect way to spread germs.

next user, grabs trolley, touches face, cups hand to catch sneeze... and so the cycle begins.

That's absolutely disgusting.  

People are supposed to sneeze into a tissue or at worst into their elbow.  Jesus no wonder this is speading so fast.

I agree in other parts of the world trolleys are being cleaned before and after every use but I am also well aware from relatives out there of the huge queues of people waiting to get in and out of supermarkets. 

Given that our moronic heards can't even get the message not to panic buy or stop going out to pubs do you really think they will stand there in a civilised orderly queue for hours and waiting for trolleys and baskets to be disinfected every time they want to go and buy some bread.  

In any event, as I have said before on this forum, why is the such interest now? 

People have been going to supermarkets for decades and happily walk around with their filthy hands touching trolleys, baskets, shelving, products check outs and doors.

They happily carry their newly purchased produce in filthy canvas bags and sacks which the rest of the time are thrown in boot of the car or the floor or on some back seat where someone's sweaty butt has been placed or chucked around the house in some cupboard near the front door.  I never hear stories of people regularly wiping or washing these down before and after use.

Is nobody actually washing their hands when they get home before they touch the actual food products and their kitchen?

Edited by ECCOnoob

1 hour ago, mrcharlie said:

They can barely fill shelves so cannot see how they will manage to disinfect trolleys and baskets.

Posted (edited)

Actually everyone returns trolleys for their £1, 

if we were able to release the trolley from the other end as people were returning theirs . Someone could  use one of those pump pressure sprayers and continually disinfect every trolley returned.

Its a one man/woman job per shift. Seriously, think about it...we have closed all mass gatherings. Yet supermarkets are probably busier than pubs/cafes etc  when they were open. Children in child seats on trolleys grab the handle - do they not then become carriers??

Edited by mrcharlie

I saw staff cleaning the empty  shelves in the Aldi the other day whilst in the store,    to be fair the rate the trolleys are been swapped from different users through the each day the staff probably dont get a chance to clean them,  this task will probably done at the end of each day.   

Does anybody know why there are so few cases in China? 80,000 out of a population of 1.5 billion. Yet we're being told to expect 60%-80% of the population to get it?

I know they locked down Wuhan and other large cities but that percentage is insanely low. 

I can't undertand why John Lewis have decided to shut their stores...they sell household items, electricals and whatnot.

It doesn't seem to make sense to me.