Coronavirus

They need all those fridges  for all the food hoarding they are doing, it's obvious ( to some)

The latest measures do not go far enough, if we are to get over this asap we need to take more drastic action.

No one should venture out without wearing a mask! or covering up their faces with a scarf...

But i don't think going this far is required.. LOL

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8118781/Commuter-coronavirus-face-mask-bottle-head-boards-bus.html

Posted (edited)

Get the Anti-body Test up and running and a degree of normality will return

Are the delivery lines to Supermarkets,Pharmacy and corner shops disrupted ?

Edited by petemcewan

10 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

Get the Anti-body Test up and running and a degree of normality will return

Are the delivery lines to Supermarkets,Pharmacy and corner shops disrupted ?

I do not understand why we have such a poor degree of testing. China released the genetic code of the virus in January. The like of South Korea where very quickly testing at a rate of 20,000 PER DAY by the first week of February. They have tested in excess of 260,000 by now. 

Meanwhile, the UK sat on the testing kits even though we alongside South Korea had a testing capability very early on. So far our cumulative test count is about 64,500. If you can't see the degree of infection rates and spread properly, how the hell can you fight it? Incompetence on the government's part comes to mind. 

Posted (edited)

Albert the Cat.

It is puzzling that the testing is so inadequate.People are suggesting 

even more stringent measures- that boarder on the realm of turning the land into that found in cheap science fiction novel.

I'm asthmatic and had to stand in line at the chemist to get my meds.

I do hope the chemist does not run out of  Ventolin.

We all stood in line and not 6ft apart.I suppose the chemist could have let us in one at a time-but that didn't happen.

The Antibody  Test  will make a huge difference.Those testing negative

will be able to go back to work ,drive buses and trains,delivery vans

and work in the warehouse.

Damn well hurry up is what I urge.

Edited by petemcewan

55 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

I do not understand why we have such a poor degree of testing. China released the genetic code of the virus in January. The like of South Korea where very quickly testing at a rate of 20,000 PER DAY by the first week of February. They have tested in excess of 260,000 by now. 

Meanwhile, the UK sat on the testing kits even though we alongside South Korea had a testing capability very early on. So far our cumulative test count is about 64,500. If you can't see the degree of infection rates and spread properly, how the hell can you fight it? Incompetence on the government's part comes to mind. 

It takes time to build the necessary infrastructure to do that many tests.

The government didn't expend the amount of effort needed because their original plan was for almost everyone to catch it and create a sort of herd immunity.  That plan blew up.

In many ways, businesses moved much faster than the government. Our place operates in several countries and international travel was first limited and then stopped totally weeks ago. We're lucky in that the people in our bit of it can, and regularly did, work from home, so the infrastructure was already in place and had been tested.  For the last month we've been encouraged to work from home and then told to on Monday. I imagine other businesses have done the same. 

We're obviously inside during the working part of the day, so have also been isolated without any effort. We've also avoided the daily commute, reducing risk further.

There are more pressing worries now but once all this is over I'm sure many businesses will  question whether they need as much office space.

45 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

The Antibody  Test  will make a huge difference.Those testing negative

will be able to go back to work ,drive buses and trains,delivery vans

and work in the warehouse.

I suppose it depends how you define negative, but if you don't have the antibodies then you are susceptible and shouldn't be loose in the village. 

If you have the antibodies then you are probably safe from re-infection. Though no one seems particualrly sure of this at the minute. Time will tell.....

A functioning vaccine is what we need faster than anything,

After Centuries of the Tax Payer keeping the Royals in their Elite life of Luxury, isnt it especially in these desperate times,  time to give this Country something back,  in other words its now time for the Queen Bee to dip into her Honey Pot (the Bank of England ) where she has Hoarded Billions over the years,  to  now help the Goverment and the Country by  Donating Several Billion.    She owes this Country.  :rant:

Government telling people over 70 to self isolate and shop online.

I tried and NO delivery slots anywhere so I will have to shop for essentials. Which defeats the object.

6 minutes ago, jeannieC said:

I tried and NO delivery slots anywhere so I will have to shop for essentials. Which defeats the object.

There are community help groups springing up all over the place Jeannie - I'm sure if you spend a few minutes looking online you'll be able to find someone locally who'll do a shop for you. We're self isolating and already have had one neighbour do a trip to the supermarket for us. This morning we're waiting for another one to drop us in a nice fresh loaf.

4 minutes ago, jeannieC said:

If you have to go shopping wear some gloves and cover your mouth with a scarf, I saw some elderly people in Aldi doing this last thursday,  its only safe thing I can suggest or could you ring someone to do your shop for you.  :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, dropout said:

People are insanely Panic buying, yet many, it seems, are not seemingly giving much of a stuff about the Virus itself.

The irony is that the time spent panic buying in the shops, the greater the chance of catching the virus from one of the other shoppers.

Posted (edited)

People are so aggressive. I was in a Saintsbury this morning,  some battle axe start screaming at me because I coughed once, Jesus Christ...

Edited by croat77