Jump to content
Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

Looks like China might have turned the corner, no new cases in the last 24hrs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please be aware there are people going round saying they are testing for the Coronavirus. Once inside your house they are stealing vulnerable people’s possessions. There is no door to door testing of this virus !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Unisol said:

Yes noticed this morning

 

So outside of London, we have the most of any UK town/city


Stay safe folks, we’re all in this together

 

Based on my limited traveling around the city in car I've noticed lots of pubs/bars still have plenty of people in them. Unbelievably selfish behaviour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OneSon said:

Based on my limited traveling around the city in car I've noticed lots of pubs/bars still have plenty of people in them. Unbelievably selfish behaviour. 

Why?

What about the "selfish" people at shopping centres stood drinking takeaway Costa and Macdonalds ,before piling into Sainsburys and stockpiling.

 

I've got some numpty on a local forum clamouring for bus passes to be valid before 9.30 for the oaps's to get out to the shops.(because somewhere in Kent has done it)

The same oap's who are classed as being vulnerable and who should be socially distancing themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OneSon said:

Based on my limited traveling around the city in car I've noticed lots of pubs/bars still have plenty of people in them. Unbelievably selfish behaviour. 

Let em all go in the pubs and pass it on to each other, if your not in there with em why should it bother you. :hihi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, willman said:

Why?

What about the "selfish" people at shopping centres stood drinking takeaway Costa and Macdonalds ,before piling into Sainsburys and stockpiling.

 

I've got some numpty on a local forum clamouring for bus passes to be valid before 9.30 for the oaps's to get out to the shops.(because somewhere in Kent has done it)

The same oap's who are classed as being vulnerable and who should be socially distancing themselves.

Supermarkets are opening for the first hour or so for the Elderly to shop. What good is that if they can't use a Bus Pass until 9.30 ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kevvy said:

Supermarkets are opening for the first hour or so for the Elderly to shop. What good is that if they can't use a Bus Pass until 9.30 ??

They're elderly and vulnerable - you know the ones who should be socially distancing themselves. What good is a bus pass if you're on 14 day self isolation or worse.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, willman said:

They're elderly and vulnerable - you know the ones who should be socially distancing themselves. What good is a bus pass if you're on 14 day self isolation or worse.

 

 

These early supermarket slots are specifically for " elderly and vulnerable only". How and when would you suggest such people do their shop instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My neighbour has just told me that he knows someone who is in the army and they have been put on standby for this Friday.  He thinks the government is going to announce a total shutdown for 2 weeks, people are only going to be allowed out of their homes to buy essential food.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Temuchin said:

These early supermarket slots are specifically for " elderly and vulnerable only". How and when would you suggest such people do their shop instead?

If there was any of these slots then perhaps it would be for discussion, but as there are non in the area which the person was questioning its a moot point.

6 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

My neighbour has just told me that he knows someone who is in the army and they have been put on standby for this Friday.  He thinks the government is going to announce a total shutdown for 2 weeks, people are only going to be allowed out of their homes to buy essential food.    

Who will they be buying food from if you can only go out to buy food?

 

I work in a food service sector - we have 86 employees directly involved with supplying the food services industry sector on a daily basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Padders said:

Looks like China might have turned the corner, no new cases in the last 24hrs.

That's good news if it's true.  Can we trust China to be telling the whole truth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.