Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Do you think when the dust has settled we'll see a universal income put into place?

Hopefully.

Well, I'll be in the dreaded 70+ age group soon enough, and after some thought on the matter, have come to this conclusion -

If "they" want to test me for the virus, so be it.

If found positive, I'll hibernate for the required time.

If negative after a test, I shall continue as I am and as I do.

If I feel ill, I'll stay in.

If "they" can't be bothered to actually test me, but think I should self-isolate just because of my age, "they" can bugger off.

I shall walk my dog, keep going to the pub (if still open) and continue living as normal.

26 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Well, I'll be in the dreaded 70+ age group soon enough, and after some thought on the matter, have come to this conclusion -

If "they" can't be bothered to actually test me, but think I should self-isolate just because of my age, "they" can bugger off.

I shall walk my dog, keep going to the pub (if still open) and continue living as normal.

You won't mind us not treating you if become infected then?

It has been said this country is over populated. 

14 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

You won't mind us not treating you if become infected then?

It has been said this country is over populated. 

Read it again.

Posted (edited)

Listening to a medical expert last Wednesday, when the recorded case figure was 593 for the UK, the expert stated that if the infection rate followed the rate of other countries, then he'd expect it to double every 4 days. 

Well up to this morning, the UK now has 1,372 confirmed cases, so we're falling behind / the virus is slightly ahead of where we'd expect it to be. 

Next important milestone will be next Thursday's figure. 

Edited by Baron99

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dropout said:

Sure it is NOT a Mole hill, but these same Government's/authorities, certainly ours in the UK, could have spent some more of their time and OUR money in years gone by.....in building hospitals, care homes, PROVIDING Beds for ill and sick and needy people, because they are ill and sick and needy....or, in case a VIRUS  Outbreak or an emergency comes along some day, that they are not prepared for and able to cope with......but they Politically and personally chose NOT TO....and they have Failed now that the time has come. Asking Car manufacturers,J.C.B.!, etc,etc, to manufacture more Ventilators A.S.A.P.  I ask you!!

Yes, they will, sadly and urgently BE Needed, but, WHY were there NOT enough of them in the first place?.....and so it goes on...Unchallenged. NOT IN MY NAME.

Yes, the Tory govt could have spent the last ten years investing in the country's infrastructure, but decided to do the exact opposite with the implementation of the Austerity programme.

And a decade of underfunding the NHS and  the Police, have given us a country that is ill prepared ('scuse the pun) to cope with the Coronavirus pandemic.

Big thanks to all those Northerners who voted Tory, looks like we've finally forgiven Thatcher.  It only took 35 years  👍

Edited by The Joker

1 hour ago, RiffRaff said:

I think you have missed the point riffraff, which is, its to stop you (the over 70s) getting the virus of witch you are more prone to catching And dying from, putting more strain on the nhs. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Yes, the Tory govt could have spent the last ten years investing in the country's infrastructure, but decided to do the exact opposite with the implementation of the Austerity programme.

And a decade of underfunding the NHS and  the Police, have given us a country that is ill prepared ('scuse the pun) to cope with the Coronavirus pandemic.

Big thanks to all those Northerners who voted Tory, looks like we've finally forgiven Thatcher.  It only took 35 years  👍

Funny.  I thought Tony Blair saved the NHS back in 1997?

Anyway, back to the thread, eh?

Edited by Baron99

Andyof borg.

Please do some research into HIV,and retroviruses. To test antibody positive should have meant immunity to HIV. Of course it didn't go that way.Antibody positive and a CD4 cell count of less than 200 meant you were infected with a retrovirus, and would progress to an opportunistic illness. Historically to have antibodies to an infection meant a degree of immunity .HIV changed all that.

Just now, FinBak said:

I would say CHINA and it's allowance to there folk eating BATS / STRAY DOGS and the like, should be WHOLLY accountable.

I for one, amongst many others, will NOT buy ANYTHING from or made in China.

Eating BAT'S for christ sake...!  It was only a matter of time something like this would happen.

And a few people these days with social media, read comments this and blame the Chinese [and student] community,  when they individually have nothing to do with it.

If someone wrote this about another community in Sheffield, then it would have been removed from the forum. I'm quite glad it's not been removed though, as it says a lot about social media (which SF has become in recent years).

I've met probably over 3000 Chinese students in my taxi, and despite language challenges, have never had a single problem with any one. They are all polite, have manners, and respect.

LOL Queues in LA are panic buying guns Oo