Coronavirus

57 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

The Health Secretary on Marr this morning “Herd Immunity” is not our goal or policy. 3 days earlier Boris was praising the virtues of Herd Immunity in a post COBRA meeting press conference. 

All Politicians just say what you want to hear all of the time.  Whats the point of listening to what ever Johnson says, he is known as abitual liar .  :suspect:

13 minutes ago, Blue Day said:

I don’t understand why people have to be told by the government or health advisors on what to do? Common sense is also an option. Take precautions, get your elderly and / or vulnerable relatives to take precautions. OAPs being in isolation doesn’t mean no one can go and see them, you can visit and take supplies. Be cautious if it makes you feel better, keep a safe distance, don’t hug / kiss etc. If you feel unwell or they do, don’t visit. 

There’s simply no need for some of the hysteria that’s around ATM. Yes be worried, I’m worried for my vulnerable relatives, but be calm and be sensible. 

My daughter says some of Sainsbury’s shelves are bare, specifically pasta and long life stuff. Next weekend they’ll be stocked again but this is of little use to people who literally shop day to day and can’t stockpile. 

Plenty of pasta & rice in Sainsbury's on The Moor at around 9am yesterday, as well as bread, milk, cereals, all the rest of the staple goods. 

Slight aside.  As we were using the automated tills, one of the staff was wiping down the used, plastic shopping baskets.  We got chatting to her & she told us that they do this sort of cleaning anyway, usually out the back.  Now they've been told to do it in-store, in front of customers. 

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

All Politicians just say what you want to hear all of the time.  Whats the point of listening to what ever Johnson says, he is known as abitual liar .  :suspect:

Habitual.  You're welcome

All this talk of the over 70's possibly being advised to go into self-isolation for up to 4 months.  I take that this will also apply to ALL MP's as well?  Lead by example, please. 

I suppose a bonus to this will be a substantial saving to the UK taxpayers as the elderly in the House of Lords won't be able to turn up & claim their £300+ per day, just for signing in? 

This Virus situation has been aided by pathetic Goverment security / screening  failings. We are an Island surrounded by water so someone has a lot to answer to for the deaths about to occur. :rant:

Posted (edited)

Just seen the BBC news. 

Showed a photo from, presumably arrivals, at a US airport with hundreds of people, rammed in & held up in an enclosed space, all waiting to clear immigration & get a health check for a virus that may not have had when they left their previous country of departure but have now probably picked up in the airport? 

Also showed police in Madrid using drones to check how many people are out & about in the city, now that everyone has been told to self-isolate.  

Edited by Baron99

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just seen the BBC news. 

Showed a photo from, presumably arrivals, at a US airport with people being held up while health / immigration checks are being carried out.  Hundreds of people, rammed in & held up in an enclosed space. 

Also showed police in Madrid using drones to check how many people are out & about in the city, now that everyone has been told to self-isolate.  

All about to happen here. :gag:

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

The Health Secretary on Marr this morning “Herd Immunity” is not our goal or policy. 3 days earlier Boris was praising the virtues of Herd Immunity in a post COBRA meeting press conference. 

The question is, is 60-70%  of the population getting this infection inevitable.

Merkel said a few days ago that up to 70% of Germans will be infected. As far as I understand the lockdowns and closures in Europe are about delaying the infections over a longer time frame, not stopping it.

In 60-70% of the population the affects of the infection are only mild. The deaths in under 50's in Italy and South Korea are almost non-existent, under 0.1%. We know with our figures  that confirmed cases to actual infections  is out by a factor of 20. If the same is for Italy, the fatality rate for under 50's is 0.005 (1 in 20,000). But the figure isn't likely to be out by a factor of 20 in over 50's as they're more likely to be hospitalised, so it means it is even more out in under 50's, perhaps under 1 in 40,000.

At that rate 60% of the population could be exposed with under 1,000 deaths. But sufficient herd immunity would be achieved. So on the numbers it works out if you can protect the elderly and vulnerable.

12 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

This Virus situation has been aided by pathetic Goverment security / screening  failings. We are an Island surrounded by water so someone has a lot to answer to for the deaths about to occur. :rant:

I would say CHINA and it's allowance to there folk eating BATS / STRAY DOGS and the like, should be WHOLLY accountable.

I for one, amongst many others, will NOT buy ANYTHING from or made in China.

Eating BAT'S for christ sake...!  It was only a matter of time something like this would happen.

2 minutes ago, FinBak said:

I would say CHINA and it's allowance to there folk eating BATS / STRAY DOGS and the like, should be WHOLLY accountable.

Eating BAT'S for christ sake...!  It was only a matter of time something like this would happen.

Totally agree but my gripe is, somebodys failing as let this into our country.   Worthy of a Manslaughter charge.

5 minutes ago, FinBak said:

You'll struggle to find anything to buy then?  That Apple stuff & virtually everything thing with a chip in it will have to go for a start. 

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

You'll struggle to find anything to buy then?  That Apple stuff & virtually everything thing with a chip in it will have to go for a start. 

I can live with what TECH I have for many years to come. 

Posted (edited)

Rang 111 at 7.30am on THURSDAY and was 50th in line I am 70 gave it up as a bad job. Fortunately I think it was a minor flu

Edited by nikki-red