Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Coronavirus

14 minutes ago, apelike said:

I very much doubt that is the case as Johnson realises what an asset Cummings is. He was the architect of the successful Brexit campaign and the architect of the successful GE campaign that kept Johnson as PM.

That just re-enforces how inept Boris Johnson is, the Tories needed Cummings because Johnson is a clown.

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

Lowest number of recorded deaths and cases since March 23rd - excellent news.

Although we have an unexplained discrepancy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8376667/Britain-announces-coronavirus-deaths.html

"Department of Health figures show the official number of Covid-19 victims has actually risen to 39,045, a jump of 556 on yesterday's tally of 38,489. Officials have yet to explain the discrepancy. The true number is likely to be even higher because the DH count only includes laboratory-confirmed cases." 

I wonder if HMG will update the death toll in their daily briefings to include ONS stats - the "gold standard" so we are told.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19roundup/2020-03-26

"Up to 15 May 2020, there were 41,220 deaths registered in England and Wales involving the coronavirus (COVID-19) (23,108 men and 18,112 women)."

The total for the UK must be around 50,000 by now.

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

Not according to the police who said he may have committed a minor offence, so its not worth punishing him.

I very much doubt that is the case as Johnson realises what an asset Cummings is. He was the architect of the successful Brexit campaign and the architect of the successful GE campaign that kept Johnson as PM.

I think you will find that Morgan is just another popular media celeb who hates Cummings for the reasons I have put earlier and also hates him because he has more power and intelligence than him. Once again the media have hit out and lost the fight.

I think Morgan knows that the majority of the public are now on Cummings side.

Johnson has abused his position and by cheating has won a battle over The Cummings saga but hasn't won the war,  this and his bad leadership throught this pandemic will come back to haunt him, mark my words. 

22 minutes ago, apelike said:

I think Morgan knows that the majority of the public are now on Cummings side.

I was going to scoff at such a comment, but you may be right - albeit in a round about way. Beaches and beauty spots are busy. Far fewer people are staying in, far fewer are social distancing.

10 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Today in the Times. Quote:

"The Tories have slightly widened the gap in their lead over Labour since the beginning of last week, however, suggesting the party has partially recovered from a fall in support during the row over Dominic Cummings’s trip to the northeast during the lockdown."

YouGov:

Con 45%

Lab 35%

Opinium:

Con 43%

Lab 39%

It seems that even the pollsters can't agree on the figures, now give it a few more weeks and see how the recovery goes.

2 hours ago, thorphanger said:

Brilliant post and so true. Like you said all anti Tory and it is embarrassing. If he was a Labour   Chap nothing would have been said or he would have been defended. 

Absolutely true as we've seen from the apathy and excuses over the 2 Labour MPs who actually broke the social distancing rules which Cummings did not.

5 minutes ago, despritdan said:

Absolutely true as we've seen from the apathy and excuses over the 2 Labour MPs who actually broke the social distancing rules which Cummings did not.

The one who apologisedand resigned and didn't have covid19 symptoms? That one?

1 minute ago, despritdan said:

Erm, he openly admitted to breaking the rules  during his press conference. 

As for the Labour MPs (there's at least 3 by the way) who've broken the rules, then yes they should be investigated and fined.

The difference with Cummings is that he's part of the team that made the rules - you can't make the rules then not abide by them yourself if you want others to follow them. That's the problem.

2 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Erm, he openly admitted to breaking the rules  during his press conference. 

No he didn't admit to breaking the rules during the press conference, and the police also don't think he broke the law either but he may have made a minor breach.

Just now, apelike said:

No he didn't admit to breaking the rules during the press conference, and the police also don't think he broke the law either but he may have made a minor breach.

He said he went to see his wife who was showing symptoms and then went back to work instead of isolating for 14 days as per the rules.

7 minutes ago, apelike said:

And this is quite sufficient for you and a few others on here which is why politicians can  get away with taking us for mugs.