Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Coronavirus

Just been to my local Morrisons (in Elland, Halifax) and they have shelves full of toilet rolls. They have piles (pun) of them in the doorway, big packs 2 for £5. Think they must have found them in a cellar somewhere. At least they don't have a sell by date.  I didn't buy any as I have one pack at home, can't understand panic buying. They had cleared the shelves of pasta though. I remember the panic buying of sugar in 1974 due to lack of sugar supplies from Caribbean.

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't recommend trying any of these 'remidies'; especially the ones involving chlorine dioxide (bleaching agent)  or drinkable silver, although I'm quite prepared to watch the YouTuber & tv evangelist who are promoting the cures, take them. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51735367

Apparently the UK Govt is going to set up a counter misinformation unit to try & put a stop to such nonsense. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-51800216

Edited by Baron99

7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Wouldn't recommend trying any of these 'remidies'; especially the ones involving chlorine dioxide (bleaching agent)  or drinkable silver.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51735367

Apparently the UK Govt is going to set up a counter misinformation unit to try & put a stop to such nonsense. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-51800216

LOL, some of those so called remedies would be more effective at killing you than coronavirus.....at least they would take care of the dumb.

2 hours ago, enntee said:

I have always bulk-bought my toilet rolls, when on offer.

I am now due for a re-stock and guess I that will have to endure the humiliation of being accused of being a panic-buyer!!

My OH is the same.  She uses it for all sorts other than bum wiping and easily goes through a roll a day.

9 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

My OH is the same.  She uses it for all sorts other than bum wiping and easily goes through a roll a day.

Does she make flags with it?!?!

Nice to know that it's not just us who's going loobie-loo...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-australia-51797751/coronavirus-australia-did-you-cough-at-me-row-on-sydney-train

51 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Aye, but Ozzies have a good sense of humour too.

Spotted on t'web today, an Australian jeweller shop window with a bog roll decorated with a very tasteful gold fabric ribbon around it, for sale at $4k...with a free 1ct diamond ring thrown in :D

Nearly as good as the local (Belgian) offer last week in Delhaize supermarkets, buy 2 bottles of Corona beer, get 1 bottle of Mort Subite ('sudden death') beer free :lol:

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Spotted on t'web today, an Australian jeweller shop window with a bog roll decorated with a very tasteful gold fabric ribbon around it, for sale at $4k...with a free 1ct diamond ring thrown in :D

Nearly as good as the local (Belgian) offer last week in Delhaize supermarkets, buy 2 bottles of Corona beer, get 1 bottle of Mort Subite ('sudden death') beer free :lol:

Also...

On 08/03/2020 at 15:07, makapaka said:

You probably wouldn’t think that if you were 65 and recovering from a heart attack last year or summat like though. 

Unfortunately over 65 already, and getting ready for driving licence surrender early next year!

8 hours ago, enntee said:

I have always bulk-bought my toilet rolls, when on offer.

I am now due for a re-stock and guess I that will have to endure the humiliation of being accused of being a panic-buyer!!

Oh dear! Bad timing, or what?!

Get ready for tutting in the queue!

Boooooooo! Hissssssssss! 😉

I wonder if anyone who is going to Israel for a holiday after Thursday will be able to cancel without losing everything.

Everyone arriving in Israel will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days to prevent the spread of coronavirus, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says.

15 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I wonder if anyone who is going to Israel for a holiday after Thursday will be able to cancel without losing everything.

Everyone arriving in Israel will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days to prevent the spread of coronavirus, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says.

Seems sensible to me. Italy has halted all public gatherings. We aren’t even quarantining people flying in from northern Italy, they’re free to go and do what they want. 

What are we doing? What great plan has Boris got? Wash you hands.

Low life have been stealing alcohol rub from the Northern General Hospital. Many many bottles lifted from wards, clinics and corridors. It's disgusting