Coronavirus

1 hour ago, jaffa1 said:

And as I have just said he has now been  in touch with the supermarkets . . . . AFTER  his said quote.

So after bare-faced lying about it the first time he's definitely done it this time around?

What a hero.

49 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Do they work out cheaper than Kleenex tissues and the like?

There was a story around yesterday that somebody had bought £200's worth of toilet rolls.

Apart from "why?", where are they going to store them?!

Maybe they have a very long pole to stack them on

This is a case of rhetoric meeting reality.

Hancock can't stop it, Johnson can't stop it. A gunboat in the channel won't stop it. You can't shout it down because you don't like it. You can't nationalise it. You can't blame the banks. I could go on.....

Coronavirus is here and it's spreading. You can't see it - it's not red spots on a supermarket trolley handle, etc. But it's up to each individual to take care and responsibility for their own actions. Not a popular thing to say in some circles. 

We all need to change our behaviour. But some people will still go out for a snog on Saturday night and blame the government when they catch it.

In Switzerland they are handing out trolley wipes and disposable gloves as you go into the supermarket. No shouting, no panic, just being quietly efficient. 

Let's all be careful out there.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Cyclecar said:

This is a case of rhetoric meeting reality.

Hancock can't stop it, Johnson can't stop it. A gunboat in the channel won't stop it. You can't shout it down because you don't like it. You can't nationalise it. You can't blame the banks. I could go on.....

Coronavirus is here and it's spreading. You can't see it - it's not red spots on a supermarket trolley handle, etc. But it's up to each individual to take care and responsibility for their own actions. Not a popular thing to say in some circles. 

We all need to change our behaviour. But some people will still go out for a snog on Saturday night and blame the government when they catch it.

In Switzerland they are handing out trolley wipes and disposable gloves as you go into the supermarket. No shouting, no panic, just being quietly efficient. 

Let's all be careful out there.

Well said.  At the moment COVID-19 is more deadly than the annual, seasonal influenza but of course this generally infects many more people around the world.  

The issue of why COVID-19 is getting more coverage than the normal flu, (which is still of course doing the rounds), was only discussed about an hour ago on the BBC news channel?

The consensus was that the panic is being driven by both normal & social media, something that neither bother about when is comes to the seasonal flu which is generally responsible for 650,000 deaths per year in the world. 

https://www.who.int/influenza/spotlight

Have you also noticed that the algorithms are also at work on this site trying to flog you face masks, thereby perpetuating the panic? 

Edited by Baron99

Interesting that handshakes are "being banned" at football matches from tomorrow.

Presumably they'll stop gozzing everywhere as well?

6 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Avoided how?  

So, you are suggesting that the government should have enforced some sort self isolated for the entire population regardless?

People were walking off flights from China and could not believe that no one even took their temperature or even spoke to them about Corona virus.  One guy even contacted the news, he was so concerned.  That is sheer negligence.

Just looking at the advice on avoiding the virus.

”Wash hands for minimum of 20 seconds”

Is this every hour ,4 times a day, etc. etc.?

Another item says use a tissue if you sneeze.If no tissue available use your sleeve!

Now that takes me back to my junior school in the 1950s.

6 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

And as I have just said he has now been  in touch with the supermarkets . . . . AFTER  his said quote.

He lied then?

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

He lied then?

I say he was in front of himself then. You know    ' I'm  gonna do this'    we're  all gonnas

sometime or other. 😉

2 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

I say he was in front of himself then. You know    ' I'm  gonna do this'    we're  all gonnas

sometime or other. 😉

He did lie then?

3 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Interesting that handshakes are "being banned" at football matches from tomorrow.

Presumably they'll stop gozzing everywhere as well?

Best post yet.

2 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

People were walking off flights from China and could not believe that no one even took their temperature or even spoke to them about Corona virus.  One guy even contacted the news, he was so concerned.  That is sheer negligence.

They shouldn't  even let them land.

6 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Do they work out cheaper than Kleenex tissues and the like?

There was a story around yesterday that somebody had bought £200's worth of toilet rolls.

Apart from "why?", where are they going to store them?!

Why are people buying up all the toilet rolls ? Do they know something we don't  know ? There's been nothing in the news to suggest coronavirus give you diahria