Coronavirus

Posted (edited)

Padders,

I agree with you.

I'm not trying to be alarmist. I taught in North London for 30yrs.

So I know a little about the proliferation of guns amongst the youth.

Edited by petemcewan

9 minutes ago, Padders said:

I think you may have a good point there Pete, if this current situation carry's on for an extended  length of time, I foresee civil disorder.

Irrespective to an extended lenght of time to this situation, I cant see  the extent of guns and bombs ,  also  I cant really see civil disorder in big fractions,  the majority of the Country infact the World know the measures in place make sense, you might get some idiots/fools think different,  but not sufficient numbers to make any type of difference. 

4 hours ago, OneSon said:

Some of what is taking place would blow your mind, believe me. 

Always wanted to blow my mind. Come on then, give us a clue. What do you know that the rest of us don't?

Posted (edited)

Presley,

You and I are speculating about the outcomes :medical.social,economical and political.

Only time will tell .

You are no more right than I am. It's only a view(respect to yours).

And this is my view.

You have no proof that "All the World agrees"

that the social control measures being put in place make sense.

Our knowledge about this crisis is transmitted to us by "Talking Heads" ,News Papers, Social Media, Radio, and Word of Mouth ,  Forums,and Tele. There hasn't been a referendum .

And BTW with live in a "post truth " society/Internet  world. It's hard to distil what is true and what isn't.  Social cohesion is only assured when the majority believe what they are being told is true and it impacts on them .In my view, society is fragmented to hell (Neo-Liberalism has done that) and we are not going to sing from the same hymn book.

The Mayor of New York said recently,"that we are putting these

measures in place to protect  3% of our population".

So this crisis is uneven in its morbidity impact. So consequently not everybody will comply. They have to be made to comply.

So that is where the social tension enters the equation.

I sincerely subscribe to the view that we need to do the things we are being told to do. But that is because I've thought about them, and not because some Talking Head -on Tele- has told me to do them,

"our else"!

Edited by petemcewan

3 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

Presley,

You and I are speculating about the outcomes :medical.social,economical and political.

Only time will tell .

You are no more right than I am. It's only a view.

I fully agree with you.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Padders said:

I think you may have a good point there Pete, if this current situation carry's on for an extended  length of time, I foresee civil disorder.

I can't see civil disorder happening?  I don't think it's one of those things that we do here in the UK & to be honest, where would it get us?

Sadly we're probably going to see many more deaths over the next month or so & I think that will hit home more & make people comply more than any fine or other threat & social media pressure from the majority will register disapproval of those who hint at any disorder. 

Plus we are living in strange times.  Any threat of civil disorder & I don't think people will be dealing with the local coppers but looking at the military. 

Edited by Baron99

I don't watch any unessential news,

but in the current bbc top 10

this caught my eye in the usual nonsense top10

firstly because how badly written, and using a random twits,

-

But what's important is this is likely to become more common as time goes on and will put us all in total lockdown.

Easy for me/us to say - lock em all up and quarantine them!! - however, this is just online nonsense. What can we do to stop the small moron percentage ruining it for everyone?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-52084653

1 hour ago, Padders said:

100% this will come in the not too distant future

19 minutes ago, Unisol said:

And if it does it will be cured a darn site quicker than coronavirus and that is for sure.

Posted (edited)

She’s dead, and I’m quarantined. That’s how the story ends. I keep going back over it in loops, trying to find a way to sweeten it, but nothing changes the facts. I wasn’t there with her at the end. I didn’t get to say goodbye. I don’t even know where her body is right now, or if the only thing that’s left is her ashes.

From normal life to this hell in a week. That’s how long it took. How am I supposed to make any sense of that?

Wonder if anyone read this sad case? It's a Washington Post article - from 28.3.2020.

The Link is -

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/anything-good-i-could-say-about-this-would-be-a-lie/ar-BB11RymK?li=BBoPU0R

This may very well be what, sadly, unnecessarily, a lot of us will have to face in the near future.

i.e. One of the Truths about Corona Virus and the worldwide failure to react to it..in time.

Too Little.....TOO Late.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Edited by dropout
Amendments

31 minutes ago, Unisol said:

If people want to be dragged off the streets in handcuffs with nets over their heads cable tied on by their necks, then leave them to it. These measures are very important, and if the softly softly approach doesn't work, the military will see that it is. 

I don’t think it’s wise to panic people about civil unrest.

the vast majority of people are sensible and are doing what is needed.

there will be instances of idiots doing daft stuff / but they did that before the virus.

keep your head.