Millionaires

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

There were a few other early investors who also believed in Bezos who were prepared to take the risk & invest.  Think how many businesses fail in their first 2 years.  Some don't make it even to that stage without the founders getting out there, putting the hard work in over the years & making many sacrifices along the way. 

Are you writing a biography?

Edited by Mister Gee

3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Are you writing a biography?

Don't be daft.  I'm just not jealous of the likes of Bezos' hard work, commitment & eventual rewards.  The world needs people like him to make things work & keep things moving. 

If you don't like Amazon, don't use it.

19 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Would you have handed him, (or a member of your family), $300,000 to start a business selling books, basically mail order?  Especially when he investors that there was a 70% chance the business would fail. 

I probably wouldn't but then that's the difference between the likes of you, me & Bezos.

True. Someone said, "You have to speculate to accumulate". Most lose out; so be happy that some don't.

A million is not a huge amount of money these days would imagine there are well  over a thousand  of them in Sheffield.

2 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

A million is not a huge amount of money these days would imagine there are well  over a thousand  of them in Sheffield.

136,000 in the Yorkshire and Humber region apparently.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/yorkshire-news/more-100000-millionaires-yorkshire-humber-16132106.amp

I wonder how many of them literally have a million quid in cash in the bank though.

11 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

136,000 in the Yorkshire and Humber region apparently.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/yorkshire-news/more-100000-millionaires-yorkshire-humber-16132106.amp

I wonder how many of them literally have a million quid in cash in the bank though.

Or a million liquid as they say in the states lol I would imagine property plays a part in most Sheffield millionaires finances.

Am a firm believer that money does not bring happiness that comes from other things like family and loved ones but it DOES bring comfort.

52 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

Am a firm believer that money does not bring happiness that comes from other things like family and loved ones but it DOES bring comfort.

Being tight with money, perhaps a lot of millionaires are, as the effect of isolating people.

I know a tight grumpy 93 year old, he hardly sees anyone, because he wont pay for things, be generous and it does bring 'comfort'.

Not sure I have enough money to be generous, but I am when I can afford it.

Artists and photographers are witnessing their work appearing on merchandise and sold by Amazon. Amazon claims it's third party and is not responsible. Bezos is getting rich by exploiting copyright.

But just immagine how much richer Bill Gates would be if Microsoft copyrighted content was strictly enforced around the world.

Perhaps copyright is the thing which governs how rich people get? Thank heavens some copyright does get broken, otherwise we would be paying much more for our goods.

I think with some people money becomes an addiction they just want to see it build up in their bank account and never spend it until it’s to late .

Sadly have seen this happen recently.

19 hours ago, El Cid said:

Artists and photographers are witnessing their work appearing on merchandise and sold by Amazon. Amazon claims it's third party and is not responsible. Bezos is getting rich by exploiting copyright.

But just immagine how much richer Bill Gates would be if Microsoft copyrighted content was strictly enforced around the world.

Perhaps copyright is the thing which governs how rich people get? Thank heavens some copyright does get broken, otherwise we would be paying much more for our goods.

Nonsense.

The 'thing' which governs how rich people get, is seizing and making the most of opportunities. Good ones like bad ones.

On 23/07/2020 at 12:26, the_bloke said:

If you don't like Amazon, don't use it.

Funny how no one wants to stand by this and avoid using Amazon products.