Drilling Ceramic Tiles In Bathroom

Any ideas how to put a bathroom cabinet up an drill through ceramic tiles

Also do the the baskets to hold shampoo bottles that have suction holdings work 

seem a bit dodgy to me cheers spider

Pretty sure you need a special drill bit and a good drill as for the suction things I’ve never found one that really works.

2 hours ago, spider1 said:

Any ideas how to put a bathroom cabinet up an drill through ceramic tiles

Also do the the baskets to hold shampoo bottles that have suction holdings work 

seem a bit dodgy to me cheers spider

Masonry bit and masking tape to stop it skidding away. Not on hammer, and steady away until you're through the tile.

I have a basket which hangs around the shower mixer tap. Those suction cup ones are rubbish in my experience.

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

Masonry bit and masking tape to stop it skidding away. Not on hammer, and steady away until you're through the tile.

I have a basket which hangs around the shower mixer tap. Those suction cup ones are rubbish in my experience.

Agree & used this method. I was using a cordless and TBH, can't remember if I left hammer switched on. The key is slow and steady. Rush it and chances are you'll crack a tile...I know I have in the past.

Another vote  for new masonary bit on non hammer until you go into the wall behind ....works all the time 

Edited by alarmingmark

We've got one of those Stick 'n Lock baskets in the bathroom, and the other half masses of hair products in it, some large heavy bottles.

It has been securely stuck to the tiles for about 3 years now, no sign of movement.

I like the spear-headed tungsten-carbide tipped bits. They're not particularly expensive and make light work of a sometimes tricky task. 

Tile/glass drill bit, do a pilot hole then a masonry bit.

On 30/05/2020 at 13:48, Bargepole23 said:

This is exactly the way to do it, it can burn the drill bit out particularly on quarry tiles but with wall tiles its fine.

17 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Tile/glass drill bit, do a pilot hole then a masonry bit.

Yes tried every way //you have to use a diamond tipped drill small one first .

Always go for a joint if poss /     There are some self adhesive stick on hooks so i am told

but aint trie them