What Is This Tool

Does anyone know what this is. Sorting garage out and I found this. Not sure what it is, but daren't throw it out just in case. 

Was expecting a picture of Boris Johnson.  Zing!

Is it a chisel for a drill but it's got a chuck attached to it for some reason?

Hi, to me it looks like it's for 'Centreing' something ? Similar to a Hole Saw Arbor,but that is like a drill bit to start the hole.

23 minutes ago, kevvy said:

Hi, to me it looks like it's for 'Centreing' something ? Similar to a Hole Saw Arbor,but that is like a drill bit to start the hole.

Clutch plate centering tool came to my mind, but it is threaded.

It's a lot smaller than it looks, and not strong enough to be a chisel, though it may be something to do with a drill.  A better picture showing size here Pic

26 minutes ago, sandbox said:

It's a lot smaller than it looks, and not strong enough to be a chisel, though it may be something to do with a drill.  A better picture showing size here Pic

Hammer mechanism from a nail gun.

Looks like an mortar router attachment for a pneumatic/hammer drill or such like, used to rake out mortar between bricks (courses) for re-pointing or repairing.

Looks similar to an oil dipstick I had on an old rotavator.

2 hours ago, Mossway said:

Looks similar to an oil dipstick I had on an old rotavator.

I was thinking along those lines, or some kind of sump plug. The long end may be magnetic. The bit throwing me off is the short end. It wouldn't be the first time I've had to get inventive with removing sump plugs due to them being worn, that bit could be an "add on" (hammered in!!)

EDIT: Didn't see the last picture. looks more like Mossways guess.

Edited by zach

Presuming the shaft slides through the thread (and it corresponds to one of the common plug threads), it looks like a tool for gauging piston top dead centre when screwed into a plug hole.

Edited by carosio