Fire At Neepsend 28/05/2020

Surely there's nothing there to burn but there's a huge plume of thick black smoke over that way (looking down from Stannington). Any idea what's burning and where?

Looks as though it’s below ski village in the wooded area, it’s certainly a big blaze with thick black smoke. I’ve heard a few explosions whilst watching out of my kitchen window in lower Walkley

I'm on Foxhill and from here it looks to be right at the bottom of the hill - around the Kilner Retail Park area.

Edit: Walked to end of the road, clearly further out than that - maybe past Morrision's / Barracks

Edited by kevind

Arthur's skips on fire neepsend

I rang 999, they were aware, they said Parkwood Road.

Yes just been and looked it's Arthur's skips totally on fire lorries explodeing  all site on fire

Was told it was 3 piles of waste on fire so don't know about the lorries and that etc.and dont think it affected all the site.

Edited by speleo1

Still smouldering this morning. Seemed like a large fire and i heard several explosions 

Yes smoke this morning still,neepsend road closed off,think it was the top end of Arthur's skips could not get close enough to look.

Sheffield Online are saying it's Arthur's skips. The pics certainly looked bad with the blaze. Poor guys.

Hillfoot bridge and Neepsend lane was closed off this morning.

with the virus and times as they are,its really bad for these guys,hope they can pull through this bad fortune that's become on them.

16 hours ago, speleo1 said:

Hillfoot bridge and Neepsend lane was closed off this morning.

Still closed off tonight by the looks of it.