George Floyd- Killed By Police

Vaati

As per the bottom of the page: POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED. Click 'Report post' or contact us for any content that may breach our terms of use. We will look into the report as soon as possible. We do not support the promotion violence or racist behaviours. Any posts considered in breach of this or other forum rules, will be removed and the poster will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

6 hours ago, makapaka said:

It’s disgusting - thought I’d watch the clip to see  what actually happened  and had to turn it off - made me feel sick.

absolute tragedy and a disgrace.

Absolutely agree.

I've only watched it once and even then I found it stomach churning. 

It's tragic and somethings need to change- which won't happen anytime soon under a racist president.

How America could do with the likes of Malcolm X or a Martin Luther King today- strong voices for the black community.

Trump has provoked these problems in the US.

11 minutes ago, Shef_Boy said:

Trump has provoked these problems in the US.

Are you talking about this current riot? 

24 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

Are you talking about this current riot? 

Definitely. This is the President who said of Colin Kaepernik and co.  "You have to stand proudly for the national anthem or you shouldn't be playing, you shouldn't be there, maybe you shouldn't be in the country."

This is the President who said there were ''good people'' on both sides at Charlottesville.

This is the President who spread conspiracy theory lies about Barack Obama not being a US citizen.

This is the President that continued to claim the Central Park 5 were guilty of rape even their convictions were overturned and another man confessed and DNA confirmed he was guilty.

This is the President who said of  a group of black and brown American Congresswomen - ''Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came?''

Please don't turn this into another thread solely about Donald Trump.

4 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Definitely. This is the President who said of Colin Kaepernik and co.  "You have to stand proudly for the national anthem or you shouldn't be playing, you shouldn't be there, maybe you shouldn't be in the country."

This is the President who said there were ''good people'' on both sides at Charlottesville.

This is the President who spread conspiracy theory lies about Barack Obama not being a US citizen.

This is the President that continued to claim the Central Park 5 were guilty of rape even their convictions were overturned and another man confessed and DNA confirmed he was guilty.

This is the President who said of  a group of black and brown American Congresswomen - ''Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came?''

I don't want to turn  this in to another Trump thread, I'm tired of hearing about the guy every day.

These issues are rooted very deep in Americw and always have been. Some may claim Floyd's death was racially motivated, I'm still yet to see any evidence of this - not that I'm ruling it out. More to the point rioting is also not the answer. 

54 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

More to the point rioting is also not the answer. 

What is the answer? Write a letter of complaint and hope for change?

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Tomm06 said:

I don't want to turn  this in to another Trump thread, I'm tired of hearing about the guy every day.

These issues are rooted very deep in Americw and always have been. Some may claim Floyd's death was racially motivated, I'm still yet to see any evidence of this - not that I'm ruling it out. More to the point rioting is also not the answer. 

What evidence would you need to accept it was racially motivated.

39 minutes ago, makapaka said:

What evidence would you need to accept it was racially motivated.

Well the main accusation being thrown out is that it was a racist attack, can you show me anything to suggest that's the case? 

That's a genuine request by the way I mean I haven't spent much time really looking in to it. I've said it previously all I've seen so far is Floyd being arrested and then it cuts to him on the floor. I see police brutality. 

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

What is the answer? Write a letter of complaint and hope for change?

Whilst I don't agree with it' attacking the police HQs at least has something to do with what they're rioting for. Looting and burning the city down has nothing to do with it. 

Guest makapaka
54 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

Well the main accusation being thrown out is that it was a racist attack, can you show me anything to suggest that's the case? 

If you’re asking does the clip show it to be a racist attack it may not.

the massive weight of evidence that black people are disproportionately targeted and treated in this manner would point towards race being a factor though.

3 hours ago, Tomm06 said:

Whilst I don't agree with it' attacking the police HQs at least has something to do with what they're rioting for. Looting and burning the city down has nothing to do with it. 

I don’t know what the answer is TBH. I take your point, attacking random businesses that have not contributed to the problem; isn’t on. There will be many elements and view points amongst the protesters...

Not sure what the answer is; the most surefire way to effect (deep and long lasting) change.

Edited by Waldo