George Floyd- Killed By Police

Vaati

As per the bottom of the page: POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED. Click 'Report post' or contact us for any content that may breach our terms of use. We will look into the report as soon as possible. We do not support the promotion violence or racist behaviours. Any posts considered in breach of this or other forum rules, will be removed and the poster will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

19 hours ago, Resident said:

Even under US law a prosecutor would struggle to sucessfully convict a murder charge as they would need to prove intent. I would think that a prosecutor in this case would most likely press for Involuntary manslaughter. A death cause by gross negligence. 

I do have one question about the incident as it's not in the footage & by no means do I intend to use this as an excuse or defence of the officer's negligence. 

The footage jumps from the victim sitting on the sidewalk to him face down on the road. What are we missing in between that caused the officer to ground the victim in the first place?

Yeah, he alledgedy wrote a bad cheque. The police had training, he must know that if you persist on kneeling on somebody's beck they will die. He wasn't resisting. Maybe he was to start with but he'd stopped for while as that video shows.

2 hours ago, Resident said:

So you're suggesting authorities just ignore the uncontrolled violence, theft and property damage? 

I mean I'll grant you the choice of phrase was beyond poor but if you're committing yourself in a violent and threatening manner and an armed police officer tells you to stop and you refuse, expect to be put down. It's not like it's a new thing 

The protesters arrived and protested peacefully so, naturally, the police fired tear gas, water cannons and rubber bullets at them. 

Maybe if the protesters had been white and armed to the teeth this wouldn't have happened.

I'd be very interested to hear about what happened - allegedly using counterfeit money so someone called the police. Someone calling the police for counterfeit money seems a bit unusual to me, I know this is not the USA but when I worked in retail customers with fake money were told it was fake and it would he confiscated, difficult to prove they tried to do it on purpose so they either paid properly or left. Unless this fella did it often. 

I'm yet to hear anyone condone the acts of the police all agree at the very least the officers should be trialled and jailed. I'm yet to see any evidence of racism however. 

I'm also surprised no one stepped in to help out when he was protesting he couldn't breath, perhaps in fear of the police but they still all had time to take out their phones and film him. 

Someone could have stepped in to help but the police would probably have shot them.

1 hour ago, mikeG said:

Someone could have stepped in to help but the police would probably have shot them.

"Probably" the issue with cases like these is we hear alot of words that aren't very helpful. 

Taking away personal opinion on this - I've seen footage of Floyd on the floor and I've just now see CCTV footage of Floyd being led out of the store by the police, he doesn't look to be resisting in any shape or form. What I am yet to see is what happened between being led out the store and ending up on the floor, that to me is the crucial part because if it's nothing then the case goes deeper. 

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Has anybody seen the video of umbrella man?

https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/jacob-pederson-auto-zone-cop-not-umbrella-man/

its definitely very suspicious and obviously the cops are going to say its not him, but it does look remarkably similar in the side by side pictures

I would've trust the police at all given their history in America when it comes to African Americans.

It wouldn't surprise me if the police instigated the 'riots' so they could shoot at more black people.

An american friend just said the police evacuated the precinct and let it burn, then the state troopers came round, arrested a black CNN reporter and his crew and left a white one. she says shes appalled by it all.

5 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

And now Mr.Trump has calmed the situation in his usual manner...

" "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."

President Trumps shock,

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

An american friend just said the police evacuated the precinct and let it burn, then the state troopers came round, arrested a black CNN reporter and his crew and left a white one. she says shes appalled by it all.

Heres video of him being arrested, from live broadcasted footage

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-52849358/minneapolis-unrest-cnn-reporter-arrested-live-on-air

Edited by melthebell

4 hours ago, mikeG said:

If anyone had tried to wade in and help, I have no doubt they would have been shot. I can understand why police can be fearful in America but this doesn’t help.

One police officer has been reportedly been charged with third degree murder

Guest makapaka

It’s disgusting - thought I’d watch the clip to see  what actually happened  and had to turn it off - made me feel sick.

absolute tragedy and a disgrace.

Edited by makapaka