George Floyd- Killed By Police

Vaati

As per the bottom of the page: POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED. Click 'Report post' or contact us for any content that may breach our terms of use. We will look into the report as soon as possible. We do not support the promotion violence or racist behaviours. Any posts considered in breach of this or other forum rules, will be removed and the poster will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

37 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

It's all very well virtue signalling but your not trying to justify the actions of those burning, smashing up, looting of businesses,  attacking property and people though surely, because that sort of anger is opportunistic, misdirected and wrong too, just as coppers killing black people is wrong ! 

How is being angry that the police murdered somebody 'wrong'? 

41 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

It's all very well virtue signalling 

Were you 'virtue signalling' when you were upset at Lee Rigby's murder?

22 hours ago, Halibut said:

They are 'normal people'. They certainly aren't savages. I strongly suspect you knew full well that's a racially charged term when you chose to use it.      They're people of various ethnic groups who are very angry that black people keep being  murdered by police officers.

Let me ask you - have you actually seen videos from these riots? Do you think that looting, destroying property and violently attacking others is normal? I don't think I have more fitting word for those people than "savages" and I don't care what race they are (and I'm actually aware that they're not exclusively black).

If you think such behaviour is normal... well, I'm sorry that you live in an environment where this is considered normal. But please, don't project this as normal to others.

19 hours ago, Halibut said:

Being angry and committing violent crimes is a bit different don't you think.

Regarding Lee Rigby's murder (although you should discuss it in appropriate topic, this one is about Floyd) - have you supported EDL protests and considered them as normal?

Can we have a discussion without resorting to insults and personal comments please?

Post(s) have been removed because they could be considered to breach our Terms of Service or Forum Rules. As per the bottom of the page: POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED. Click 'Report post' or contact us for any content that may breach our terms of use. We will look into the report as soon as possible. We do not support the promotion violence or racist behaviours. Any posts considered in breach of this will be removed and the poster will be suspended.

16 hours ago, butlers said:

This explains a lot about police culture.

The Minneapolis police chief stood by this guy when the mayor thought just maybe * not helping*

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2017/02/14/a-day-with-killology-police-trainer-dave-grossman/%3foutputType=amp

Those responsible for training those Police officers have a lot to answer for. 

On 02/06/2020 at 20:57, Halibut said:

So if you could be honest Halibut, you do think violent protest is OK in this instance, therefore I will assume that you agree with the destruction and theft of property and the assault of business owners who stand up to the protesters attacking them ........ which to use a phrase of your own, 'speaks volumes about you' !

As for me 'virtue signalling' about Lee Rigby's murder, I will assume you have evidence to back up that up, because I can't personally remember such detail, I would certainly not have agreed with his murder, that's for sure, just like I don't agree generally with violent protests, wanton destruction, damage or theft of property, although I'm sure I will have been on here in support of 'some' peacefully intended protests, which again I will assume, you would be happy to violently oppose given the opportunity ....  which in turn leads me to believe that you can't actually see your own hypocrisy on here !

9 hours ago, Michael_W said:

So if you could be honest Halibut, you do think violent protest is OK in this instance, therefore I will assume that you agree with the destruction and theft of property and the assault of business owners who stand up to the protesters attacking them ........ which to use a phrase of your own, 'speaks volumes about you' !

As for me 'virtue signalling' about Lee Rigby's murder, I will assume you have evidence to back up that up, because I can't personally remember such detail, I would certainly not have agreed with his murder, that's for sure, just like I don't agree generally with violent protests, wanton destruction, damage or theft of property, although I'm sure I will have been on here in support of 'some' peacefully intended protests, which again I will assume, you would be happy to violently oppose given the opportunity ....  which in turn leads me to believe that you can't actually see your own hypocrisy on here !

There's no hypocrisy to be seen Michael; I've never said that violent protest is 'Ok' and generally speaking I loathe and abhor violence in any shape or form.

My position is that while violent protest cannot be described as 'good', I can fully understand that sometimes people feel it's their only option and that sometimes it's necessary to bring about change. This is why, for example, I say I'm against war but that very rarely I think it's a regrettable but required choice - the prime example of this being the Second World War and our countries decision to fight against Hitler.

I don't approve of the violence that's happening in the US from whichever side it comes, but I absolutely understand the anger and rage felt by people who are sick of the racism that still pervades American society at every level and sick of the paramilitary style heavy handed policing that sees hundreds killed by police every year and black Americans at over twice the rate of white Americans.

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

heavy handed policing that sees hundreds killed by police every year and black Americans at over twice the rate of white Americans.

I challenge you to back that up with proof. The media certainly focus mostly on black people being killed by white officers, but lets have the actual stats on who's killing who in what ratio.

Edited by Earthlyone

Just now, Earthlyone said:

I challenge you to back that up with proof.

He won't. He will just ask you another question to deflect

Just now, Earthlyone said:

I challenge you to back that up with proof.

The statistics are freely available. If it's your contention that I'm wrong the onus is on you to prove otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Halibut said:

The statistics are freely available. If it's your contention that I'm wrong the onus is on you to prove otherwise.

Someone did post stats on this yesterday in this thread and it was deleted! this little interchange we're having right now will get deleted too no doubt. This is clearly just a thread for dwelling on how terrible white western men are.

Edited by Earthlyone