Jump to content
Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

George Floyd- Killed By Police

Groose

As per the bottom of the page: POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED. Click 'Report post' or contact us for any content that may breach our terms of use. We will look into the report as soon as possible. We do not support the promotion violence or racist behaviours. Any posts considered in breach of this or other forum rules, will be removed and the poster will be suspended.

Message added by Groose

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tomm06 said:

Whilst I don't agree with it' attacking the police HQs at least has something to do with what they're rioting for. Looting and burning the city down has nothing to do with it. 

I don’t know what the answer is TBH. I take your point, attacking random businesses that have not contributed to the problem; isn’t on. There will be many elements and view points amongst the protesters...

 

Not sure what the answer is; the most surefire way to effect (deep and long lasting) change.

Edited by Waldo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shef_Boy said:

Trump has provoked these problems in the US.

Whilst he hasnt helped, incidents like these have been happening since the year dot. I think he has empowered thick racists to say and do more, but not increased police brutality on black people any more than Obama reduced it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Whilst he hasnt helped, incidents like these have been happening since the year dot. I think he has empowered thick racists to say and do more, but not increased police brutality on black people any more than Obama reduced it.

Obama probably did little for the black community as was hoped when he was elected president.

I'm sure a lot of African Americans were disappointed.

 

However he never incited hatred, and with this situation over the murder of George Floyd, some police probably think they are 'free' to do what they want.

 

Why? Because they have a president who they believe doesn't give a hoot about coloured people.

 

This link shows video and has a owner of restaurant confirm that there was no resistance from the victim.

 

https://www.mercurynews.com/why-george-floyd-was-arrested-and-what-happened-in-the-minutes-following

Edited by Mr Fisk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the video not been released, none of this would've been brought up, the cop would continue his merry way, and another black man dead in police custody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish this song wasnt still relevant :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe the stupidity of all these people protesting that black lives matter, whilst herded together in huge crowds, risking the spread of coronavirus which apparently kills a disproportionate number of black people.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8374007/Hundreds-Black-Lives-Matter-activists-chanting-breathe-gather-Trafalgar-Square.html#comments

 

There'll be a lot of them shouting, "I can't breathe," in a couple of weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, despritdan said:

I can't believe the stupidity of all these people protesting that black lives matter, whilst herded together in huge crowds, risking the spread of coronavirus which apparently kills a disproportionate number of black people.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8374007/Hundreds-Black-Lives-Matter-activists-chanting-breathe-gather-Trafalgar-Square.html#comments

 

There'll be a lot of them shouting, "I can't breathe," in a couple of weeks.

More less than the number packing out beaches and beauty spots across the country? I'm sure the mail covered that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, despritdan said:

I can't believe the stupidity of all these people protesting that black lives matter, whilst herded together in huge crowds, risking the spread of coronavirus which apparently kills a disproportionate number of black people.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8374007/Hundreds-Black-Lives-Matter-activists-chanting-breathe-gather-Trafalgar-Square.html#comments

 

There'll be a lot of them shouting, "I can't breathe," in a couple of weeks.

Not very likely they will be killed by coronavirus.

 

I did wonder how long it would take for coronavirus to be used as a tool to prevent protest - quicker than I thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Protesters in London shouting “black lives matter”.

 

So, lets make sure we lose more to Covid by gathering in large groups and shouting at everyone?

 

21 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I did wonder how long it would take for coronavirus to be used as a tool to prevent protest - quicker than I thought.

It’s not a tool, it’s a reality.

Edited by Waldo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Protesters in London shouting “black lives matter”.

 

So, lets make sure we lose more to Covid by gathering in large groups and shouting at everyone?

 

It’s not a tool, it’s a reality.

Give it time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Give it time.

Some people may have an agenda and want to suppress any demonstration for whatever reason. Without doubt some people will do that. At the same time; the reality is that people will likely die (transmission of Covid etc) as a direct result of these protests. Covid doesn't care about your, or anyone else's, agenda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.