George Floyd- Killed By Police

Vaati

As per the bottom of the page: POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED. Click 'Report post' or contact us for any content that may breach our terms of use. We will look into the report as soon as possible. We do not support the promotion violence or racist behaviours. Any posts considered in breach of this or other forum rules, will be removed and the poster will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

11 minutes ago, Janus said:

Are the protests in the UK  likely to have any effect in the USA?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52949014

Boris Johnson in one corner.

Donald Trump in the other. 

Answer: NO

9 minutes ago, Janus said:

Are the protests in the UK  likely to have any effect in the USA?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52949014

I would imagine so. It’s a show of support and solidarity for the protesters in the US, and the more people objecting to this disgusting police brutality we see time and again, the better.

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I would imagine so. It’s a show of support and solidarity for the protesters in the US, and the more people objecting to this disgusting police brutality we see time and again, the better.

In that case, I would like there to be world wide protests for this cause.

Edited by Janus
Typo

1 hour ago, Janus said:

In that case, I would like there to be world wide protests for this cause.

There are protests in France, Australia that I know of for sure. Like the UK, you wouldn't have to dig down very far to find institutionalised racism. 

Demonstrate but not with violence. March but peacefully. Throwing missiles at police and mounted police. Not the way forward. 

1 hour ago, thorphanger said:

Demonstrate but not with violence. March but peacefully. Throwing missiles at police and mounted police. Not the way forward. 

Police but without killing unarmed civilians. Apply the law, but fairly and with respect. Shooting unarmed citizens and kneeling on their necks. Not the way forward.

52 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Police but without killing unarmed civilians. Apply the law, but fairly and with respect. Shooting unarmed citizens and kneeling on their necks. Not the way forward.

Well said.

31 minutes ago, thorphanger said:

Never an excuse for violence.  

Neither is football but that happens as well from time to time.

2 hours ago, thorphanger said:

what i read there wasnt any trouble on the protest / march, it was after, the hardcore tried to get into downing street after the main protest had dispersed

Guest makapaka

agree with the sentiment behind the protest totally.

very worried about the massive grouping of people.

hope some of the protestors arent complaining about ministers and aides travelling to second homes whilst grouping in hundreds.

9 minutes ago, makapaka said:

agree with the sentiment behind the protest totally.

very worried about the massive grouping of people.

hope some of the protestors arent complaining about ministers and aides travelling to second homes whilst grouping in hundreds.

Many of those protesters in London will be crammed into a tube Monday to Friday, where, for another week, nobody has to wear masks.

But lockdown finished in the lovely sunny weather last week. Aparently social distancing was in place today but i didnt see much evidence of it.

Edited by tinfoilhat
Spelling.