George Floyd- Killed By Police

Vaati

As per the bottom of the page: POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED. Click 'Report post' or contact us for any content that may breach our terms of use. We will look into the report as soon as possible. We do not support the promotion violence or racist behaviours. Any posts considered in breach of this or other forum rules, will be removed and the poster will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

4 hours ago, Branyy said:

I wouldn't say those rioters in the streets are looking for something positive. Or anything positive...

You don't think a message of hope and some  empathy would have helped ease tensions.

6 hours ago, Branyy said:

I wouldn't say those rioters in the streets are looking for something positive. Or anything positive...

They have lived within a racist system for hundreds of years, the countrys born on racism, they have nothing positive. we thought in the 21st century things might be getting more positive but these deaths and torture keep appearing

Things like this keep happening, cops think because somebodys black they are immediately a criminal, well they made a big mistake on this one, happens hes an FBI agent. Thing is as the officer said once they found out they removed the cuffs, trouble is how many who ARENT FBI agents dont have that chance and get arrested and sometimes killed...purely for being black

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

You don't think a message of hope and some  empathy would have helped ease tensions.

It would have, to normal people. To those savages looting burning cars, buildings, throwing rocks and molotovs? Not at all.

6 minutes ago, Branyy said:

It would have, to normal people. To those savages looting burning cars, buildings, throwing rocks and molotovs? Not at all.

I think your choice of words - certainly in light of the many peaceful protests and the many incidents of police brutality - is telling. Very telling.

57 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I think your choice of words - certainly in light of the many peaceful protests and the many incidents of police brutality - is telling. Very telling.

I'm well aware of peaceful protests happening and I respect that.

You can't deny that there are nasty riots happening too. Which seem to be a major problem now. My  words were addressed to those. I supposed that was very clear.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

They have lived within a racist system for hundreds of years, the countrys born on racism, they have nothing positive. we thought in the 21st century things might be getting more positive but these deaths and torture keep appearing

Things like this keep happening, cops think because somebodys black they are immediately a criminal, well they made a big mistake on this one, happens hes an FBI agent. Thing is as the officer said once they found out they removed the cuffs, trouble is how many who ARENT FBI agents dont have that chance and get arrested and sometimes killed...purely for being black

Snopes is usually reliable and the above is fake news:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fbi-agent-arrested-protests/

Unfortunately much of what is posted is not real on social media. Many right wingers claim Floyd is a convicted criminal who assaulted a woman with a gun, but it seems it may just be someone with the same name being used to muddy the waters. Best stance is to not believe anything anyone on either side says unfortunately.

2 hours ago, nightrider said:

Snopes is usually reliable and the above is fake news:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fbi-agent-arrested-protests/

Unfortunately much of what is posted is not real on social media. Many right wingers claim Floyd is a convicted criminal who assaulted a woman with a gun, but it seems it may just be someone with the same name being used to muddy the waters. Best stance is to not believe anything anyone on either side says unfortunately.

Or you could check up on it.

But you are correct that there's a lot of guff coming from both sides, and it's not helping.

4 hours ago, Branyy said:

They are 'normal people'. They certainly aren't savages. I strongly suspect you knew full well that's a racially charged term when you chose to use it.      They're people of various ethnic groups who are very angry that black people keep being  murdered by police officers.

Edited by Halibut

US President Donald Trump's election to the White House re-energised the far right across the US, which will mean that non-whites will suffer more.

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

They are 'normal people'. They certainly aren't savages. I strongly suspect you knew full well that's a racially charged term when you chose to use it.      They're people of various ethnic groups who are very angry that black people keep being  murdered by police officers.

It's all very well virtue signalling but your not trying to justify the actions of those burning, smashing up, looting of businesses,  attacking property and people though surely, because that sort of anger is opportunistic, misdirected and wrong too, just as coppers killing black people is wrong ! 

15 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

It's all very well virtue signalling but your not trying to justify the actions of those burning, smashing up, looting of businesses,  attacking property and people though surely, because that sort of anger is opportunistic, misdirected and wrong too, just as coppers killing black people is wrong ! 

I'm not sure the two are equal. One part are sworn to uphold the law, one isn't. That said, BLM are trying their best to discourage/Stop looting. Whispers that far right groups are taking advantage are unconfirmed.