George Floyd- Killed By Police

Vaati

As per the bottom of the page: POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED. Click 'Report post' or contact us for any content that may breach our terms of use. We will look into the report as soon as possible. We do not support the promotion violence or racist behaviours. Any posts considered in breach of this or other forum rules, will be removed and the poster will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

1 hour ago, nightrider said:

Well neither should be doing it. No-one complained when we all criticised the beaches/beauty spot crowds. Or when we called out the anti-lockdown protestors for being irresponsible. During a pandemic doesn't seem the right time for a large protest/rally in London.

its never the right time for police killing people either?

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

its never the right time for police killing people either?

did I say it was? Doesn't justify spreading the virus around though. Surely there are plenty of ways for people to show their support for the protestors in the US without all converging en masse in person?  Not ideal, but life is not supposed to be going on as normal right now.

Anti-lockdown protestors were arrested and/or fined for the same:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/16/piers-corbyn-among-those-held-in-coronavirus-lockdown-protests

so not like this campaign is being singled out in being told not to attend protests. I think I saw 48 protestors at the BLM one have been fined. Worth thinking about for those planning to attend the upcoming version in Sheffield.

Edited by nightrider

So long as everyone is out protesting AND checking their eye-sight at the same time...

7 minutes ago, despritdan said:

Here's another example of a black person being brutalized by the police but it's a little...awkward.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8377101/Baltimore-police-officer-suspended-caught-camera-punching-woman.html

To me that one is different, only you and the mail are fixated on the race and colours.

the facts are...mentally unstable woman may be heckling crowds.

mentally unstable hits cop twice.

second cop hits mentally unstable woman.

Maybe he overreacted in hitting her, but anybody in the same situation prolly would in an act of self defence for you and those around you. It could also be classified as police brutality same as in the George Floyd case.

now if she hit the officer because he was white or the second officer hit her because she was a different race or colour, then it would be racially motivated

So post mortem confirmed George Floyd died from Asphyxia. 

That's due to pressure applied on his neck/back.

Oh yeah, Trump sends message out to governors "to get tougher" and says they are "weak" in handling the rioting.

So just when the community is looking at the White House for something positive- a message of unity or hope- nah! 

Not a chance in hell with this fella in charge.

5 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

So post mortem confirmed George Floyd died from Asphyxia. 

That's due to pressure applied on his neck/back.

Oh yeah, Trump sends message out to governors "to get tougher" and says they are "weak" in handling the rioting.

So just when the community is looking at the White House for something positive- a message of unity or hope- nah! 

Not a chance in hell with this fella in charge.

Some, not all, governors are trying to be at least a bit conciliatory. If trump keeps upping the ante, you're going to see guns on street. 

Wow, just watching Trump - always thought he'd want a war this year to boost his re-election chance. I just never realised it would be a civil war.

31 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Wow, just watching Trump - always thought he'd want a war this year to boost his re-election chance. I just never realised it would be a civil war.

I'm predicting this particular war won't help his re-election chances. Let's hope so.

7 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

I wouldn't say those rioters in the streets are looking for something positive. Or anything positive...

10 minutes ago, Branyy said:

I wouldn't say those rioters in the streets are looking for something positive. Or anything positive...

No, of course you wouldn't.