George Floyd- Killed By Police

Vaati

As per the bottom of the page: POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED. Click 'Report post' or contact us for any content that may breach our terms of use. We will look into the report as soon as possible. We do not support the promotion violence or racist behaviours. Any posts considered in breach of this or other forum rules, will be removed and the poster will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

8 hours ago, Shef_Boy said:

Trump has provoked these problems in the US.

Whilst he hasnt helped, incidents like these have been happening since the year dot. I think he has empowered thick racists to say and do more, but not increased police brutality on black people any more than Obama reduced it.

44 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Whilst he hasnt helped, incidents like these have been happening since the year dot. I think he has empowered thick racists to say and do more, but not increased police brutality on black people any more than Obama reduced it.

Obama probably did little for the black community as was hoped when he was elected president.

I'm sure a lot of African Americans were disappointed.

However he never incited hatred, and with this situation over the murder of George Floyd, some police probably think they are 'free' to do what they want.

Why? Because they have a president who they believe doesn't give a hoot about coloured people.

This link shows video and has a owner of restaurant confirm that there was no resistance from the victim.

https://www.mercurynews.com/why-george-floyd-was-arrested-and-what-happened-in-the-minutes-following

Edited by Guest

Had the video not been released, none of this would've been brought up, the cop would continue his merry way, and another black man dead in police custody.

I can't believe the stupidity of all these people protesting that black lives matter, whilst herded together in huge crowds, risking the spread of coronavirus which apparently kills a disproportionate number of black people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8374007/Hundreds-Black-Lives-Matter-activists-chanting-breathe-gather-Trafalgar-Square.html#comments

There'll be a lot of them shouting, "I can't breathe," in a couple of weeks.

13 minutes ago, despritdan said:

I can't believe the stupidity of all these people protesting that black lives matter, whilst herded together in huge crowds, risking the spread of coronavirus which apparently kills a disproportionate number of black people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8374007/Hundreds-Black-Lives-Matter-activists-chanting-breathe-gather-Trafalgar-Square.html#comments

More less than the number packing out beaches and beauty spots across the country? I'm sure the mail covered that as well.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, despritdan said:

Not very likely they will be killed by coronavirus.

I did wonder how long it would take for coronavirus to be used as a tool to prevent protest - quicker than I thought.

Protesters in London shouting “black lives matter”.

So, lets make sure we lose more to Covid by gathering in large groups and shouting at everyone?

21 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I did wonder how long it would take for coronavirus to be used as a tool to prevent protest - quicker than I thought.

It’s not a tool, it’s a reality.

Edited by Waldo

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Protesters in London shouting “black lives matter”.

So, lets make sure we lose more to Covid by gathering in large groups and shouting at everyone?

It’s not a tool, it’s a reality.

Give it time.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Give it time.

Some people may have an agenda and want to suppress any demonstration for whatever reason. Without doubt some people will do that. At the same time; the reality is that people will likely die (transmission of Covid etc) as a direct result of these protests. Covid doesn't care about your, or anyone else's, agenda.

15 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

More less than the number packing out beaches and beauty spots across the country? I'm sure the mail covered that as well.

Well neither should be doing it. No-one complained when we all criticised the beaches/beauty spot crowds. Or when we called out the anti-lockdown protestors for being irresponsible. During a pandemic doesn't seem the right time for a large protest/rally in London.

Edited by nightrider