George Floyd- Killed By Police

Vaati

As per the bottom of the page: POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED. Click 'Report post' or contact us for any content that may breach our terms of use. We will look into the report as soon as possible. We do not support the promotion violence or racist behaviours. Any posts considered in breach of this or other forum rules, will be removed and the poster will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

I was really shocked when I saw this, in addition to being very moved and disturbed.

I'm really hoping the police pay for their actions, losing their job is not justice!

The policeman who had his weight pressed down onto Mr Floyd, should face a murder charge.

Totally he should face a murder charge, as should his mate who stood and watched.

Apparently at training  they get told " better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 "

Trigger happy .

This case is a horrific flash back to a similar one in New York ,where a guy pled for his life on camera as he was choked to death 

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

I was really shocked when I saw this, in addition to being very moved and disturbed.

I'm really hoping the police pay for their actions, losing their job is not justice!

The policeman who had his weight pressed down onto Mr Floyd, should face a murder charge.

34 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Totally he should face a murder charge, as should his mate who stood and watched.

Even under US law a prosecutor would struggle to sucessfully convict a murder charge as they would need to prove intent. I would think that a prosecutor in this case would most likely press for Involuntary manslaughter. A death cause by gross negligence. 

I do have one question about the incident as it's not in the footage & by no means do I intend to use this as an excuse or defence of the officer's negligence. 

The footage jumps from the victim sitting on the sidewalk to him face down on the road. What are we missing in between that caused the officer to ground the victim in the first place?

17 minutes ago, Resident said:

Even under US law a prosecutor would struggle to sucessfully convict a murder charge as they would need to prove intent. I would think that a prosecutor in this case would most likely press for Involuntary manslaughter. A death cause by gross negligence. 

I do have one question about the incident as it's not in the footage & by no means do I intend to use this as an excuse or defence of the officer's negligence. 

The footage jumps from the victim sitting on the sidewalk to him face down on the road. What are we missing in between that caused the officer to ground the victim in the first place?

The outrage is that the officer refrained from taking his knee off the victim, despite his pleas that he couldn't breath.

Yes it could go down as involuntary manslaughter but I also think the officer knew exactly what he was doing!

Also, I'm not sure what happened between the pin down and the time when Mr Floyd is seen sitting down against the wall. 

Perhaps other CCTV or public footage may be released later- does need addressing.

5 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

The outrage is that the officer refrained from taking his knee off the victim, despite his pleas that he couldn't breath.

Yes it could go down as involuntary manslaughter but I also think the officer knew exactly what he was doing!

Also, I'm not sure what happened between the pin down and the time when Mr Floyd is seen sitting down against the wall. 

Perhaps other CCTV or public footage may be released later- does need addressing.

Seem that vocal outrage and demands for justice aren't enough. Riots  & looting have broken out in Minneapolis which has left at least 1 more dead, prompting the Governor to call for emergency assistance from the National Guard. 

How is more violence and property damage/theft from innocents helping the situation?

Whether race was part of Mr Floyd's death we now won't know for sure because groups such as BLM, who are reported to be at the forefront of the riots/looting, have now made it a race issue & regardless of whether there's evidence to show that's not the case it will always tarnish this event because these riots will always be remembered first. It's fuel for those polar opposite groups that oppose the BLM.

Am I saying that Geoge Floyd's life didn't matter because he was black, not at all, the officer should and hopefully will face justice with a fair trial as prescribed in US law, I'm saying ALL lives matter regardless of ethnicity & as a society we should not let far left/right groups/media take control of narrative. 

For the record I am appalled by the officer's actions that lead to Mr Floyd's death, regardless of whatever he had done to be in custody & I am equally appalled by the actions of the thugs & thieves rioting/looting.

I am trying to show no bias and sit in the middle when I ask questions, much like the one I asked regarding the missing moments in the original video. 

And now Mr.Trump has calmed the situation in his usual manner...

" "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."

24 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

And now Mr.Trump has calmed the situation in his usual manner...

" "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."

So you're suggesting authorities just ignore the uncontrolled violence, theft and property damage? 

I mean I'll grant you the choice of phrase was beyond poor but if you're committing yourself in a violent and threatening manner and an armed police officer tells you to stop and you refuse, expect to be put down. It's not like it's a new thing 

Was wise to let those buildings burn.

If the police had shot more people dead you can not help but feel lots of inner cities would have gone up.

There's a huge amount of poverty and anger ,for twenty years those at the bottom get kicked while those at the top enrich themselves with bought politicians.

And Trump is the worse possible person to be in charge,the " birther in chief" who has form for when challenged by black politicians to call them " low intelligence".

11 hours ago, Resident said:

Seem that vocal outrage and demands for justice aren't enough. Riots  & looting have broken out in Minneapolis which has left at least 1 more dead, prompting the Governor to call for emergency assistance from the National Guard. 

How is more violence and property damage/theft from innocents helping the situation?

Whether race was part of Mr Floyd's death we now won't know for sure because groups such as BLM, who are reported to be at the forefront of the riots/looting, have now made it a race issue & regardless of whether there's evidence to show that's not the case it will always tarnish this event because these riots will always be remembered first. It's fuel for those polar opposite groups that oppose the BLM.

Am I saying that Geoge Floyd's life didn't matter because he was black, not at all, the officer should and hopefully will face justice with a fair trial as prescribed in US law, I'm saying ALL lives matter regardless of ethnicity & as a society we should not let far left/right groups/media take control of narrative. 

For the record I am appalled by the officer's actions that lead to Mr Floyd's death, regardless of whatever he had done to be in custody & I am equally appalled by the actions of the thugs & thieves rioting/looting.

I am trying to show no bias and sit in the middle when I ask questions, much like the one I asked regarding the missing moments in the original video. 

I find it astonishing that there are still people who think BLM have 'made it' a race issue. It so obviously is one.

FYI there's nothing 'far left' about protesting police racism and brutality. It's something everybody should be protesting about.

46 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I find it astonishing that there are still people who think BLM have 'made it' a race issue. It so obviously is one.

FYI there's nothing 'far left' about protesting police racism and brutality. It's something everybody should be protesting about.

How do you know it was racially aggravated? There is NO evidence currently in the public domain at least to suggest that it was. At face value from the footage we have seen above this was a case of negligence. 

I agree with the sentiment that there should be a full and frank investigation and that the officer should be punished in a court of law, facing a jury of his peers as prescribed in law. Protesting is 1000 miles away from what's happened in the last 4 days in Minneapolis. There is no place for the violent, criminal actions in the wake of Mr Floyd's death. Let's not forget these riots and looting have left one more dead. 170 businesses reportedly suffering damage/looting. I very much doubt Mr Floyd or his remaining family feel that this is a justified response. 

As for your claim that the BLM aren't far left. They're about as far left as the EDL is far right. And before you go claiming I'm racist etc. I believe in equality, TRUE equality where no-one, regardless of ethnicity, gender etc holds any special treatment, unlike many "equality" groups who's view is that equality means their particular background/beliefs should come first. 

16 minutes ago, Resident said:

As for your claim that the BLM aren't far left. They're about as far left as the EDL is far right. And before you go claiming I'm racist etc. I believe in equality, TRUE equality where no-one, regardless of ethnicity, gender etc holds any special treatment, unlike many "equality" groups who's view is that equality means their particular background/beliefs should come first. 

Are you claiming BLM are asking for special treatment?