Sheffield Peregrin Falcons 2020

27 minutes ago, Padders said:

Your right Zach, never thought I would be so interested, I check on them 3/4 times a day..Watched em yesterday stuffing a giant pigeon in their gobs.. they really are magnificent birds.

It amazes me how much food those little things can get down their neck. And there's the "painting the nest white" competition...very funny at times!!

Still no sign?  I can see adult on the perch but not the chicks.

Back now. Obviously sleeping until lunchtime!!

Chicks seem to be moulting first downy feathers, judging by amount of fluff lying around.

The chicks are feeding themselves now.   Just watching them pulling meat off the bones whilst mother is standing by.

Damned inconsiderate of those chicks to sit in the corner out of view of the camera !

Those chicks have obviously heard about my comment in post 79. They are now sat where we can see them !

2 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Those chicks have obviously heard about my comment in post 79. They are now sat where we can see them !

😀

Meanwhile in Brighouse town centre a peregrine has been found shot to death. Despite their beauty and majesty, and the privilege it is to have them live amongst us there are still throwbacks who see all birds or prey as vermin to be killed.

10 hours ago, taxman said:

Meanwhile in Brighouse town centre a peregrine has been found shot to death. Despite their beauty and majesty, and the privilege it is to have them live amongst us there are still throwbacks who see all birds or prey as vermin to be killed.

One of my neighbours (backing on to us) keeps pigeons, it's probably someone like that. 🤬

Blimey!  The size of those 2 chicks.  One of them this morning, testing out its wings.  

30 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Blimey!  The size of those 2 chicks.  One of them this morning, testing out its wings.  

Yes, they are voracious feeders.  Just watching one adult tucking into a pigeon on the ledge so chicks can't share the kill!

Is anyone having problems with the link to this site? Somedays I can open it and then on otherdays I get a message about having to install flash player.