Sheffield Peregrin Falcons 2020

The peregrines on St Georges are bonding, hopefully 2020 will be a much better year than 2019 which ended tragically when the resident female was chased off before brooding was completed and the only chick to hatch soon died.

Webcam footage can be viewed here as usual

Fingers crossed for the pair 

Edited by Groose

1 hour ago, taxman said:

The peregrines on St Georges are bonding, hopefully 2020 will be a much better year than 2019 which ended tragically when the resident female was chased off before brooding was completed and the only chick to hatch soon died.

Thanks

And it would be good to see them get back to normal this year. I'll keep an eye on these and the Notts ones...as usual.

9 hours ago, taxman said:

Thanks for posting this up ive just logged in to do it,

Ive past the site a few times recently and seen a male/female on different occasions, the female  is in view at the moment on the webcam.

Signs that she is getting ready to lay in the coming days. She has been agitated and been scratching around the gravel making little depressions. The previous female laid between 19th -23rd March but it is this birds first laying so we don't know how it will go.

Keep you eyes open over the next few days.

This is great.  Makes a change from all the doom & gloom at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

This is great.  Makes a change from all the doom & gloom at the moment. 

Not for the pigeons 😄

15 hours ago, PeteM01 said:

Not for the pigeons 😄

I wonder how many pigeons they get through during the breeding season. When there are 3/4 hungry mouths to be fed they seem to be bringing in food almost constantly.

Bad news, another female has been seen in the box which could stop the resident laying.

Not sure if I'm seeing things but it looks like an egg to the bottom right of the nest cam. One of the birds is partly covering it so not 100% sure.

Hello zach I think they do have their first egg too.

Hi Alan,

I've been watching for the last hour or so, I wasn't sure at first but a few moments ago, he/she moved, giving a better look then settled on top of it. Only one from what I could see. Fingers crossed they don't have any issues and maybe a couple more eggs.

She isn't sat on it at the moment hope she doesn't let it get to cold.