Is the Forum getting dull?

I totally appreciate what you say LC, which is why I tried to tread carefully to avoid offence. :)

However, it is something that gets noticed and we do get complaints when threads turn into a love-in. I'm certainly not here to spoil the party, but we are here to try to keep things moving. I hope you take my words in the intended spirit.

I totally appreciate what you say LC, which is why I tried to tread carefully to avoid offence. :)

However, it is something that gets noticed and we do get complaints when threads turn into a love-in. I'm certainly not here to spoil the party, but we are here to try to keep things moving. I hope you take my words in the intended spirit.

Come on Tony - let's have Names, Names, Names!

Who precisely objects to these 'love-ins' as you call them? Or could it be it's just you who doesn't like them? I wonder why.....

StarSparkle :hihi: (See, I'm only joking!)

Now to be honest LC, ( and I'm not picking on you as a particular case at all ) that sort of post is very nice and kind, but it does fall foul of the kind of things we are talking about.

In the strictest sense we could delete it because it "doesn't add anything to the thread" and it's really a PM that's of little or no interest to anyone else. The smart poster would make it the opening line of a post that contributed. ;)

To use JoeP's phrase... "signal to noise"

and how does this post add to the dull thread? maybe this should have been a PM instead. :hihi:

Well, people on here CAN deal with all sorts of threads - just bear in mind that what works for some people won't work for others.

In terms of 'callow twelve year olds' - I think that's a little unfair. There are people who like 'light and fluffy', there are people who enjoy the more serious things. There are also people who try and turn every discussion on certain subjects in to a diatribe about, for example, why Islam will be the end of the world or that every thing that's wrong in the UK can be trced back to a Chav.

It's horses for courses.

Just to set the record straight, I only requoted the words "Callow Twelve Year Old" as Timmo used them against me.

And yes I realise how much of a "Callow twelve year old" this makes me :hihi: You could say I was having a bad day.

Just to set the record straight, I only requoted the words "Callow Twelve Year Old" as Timmo used them against me.

And yes I realise how much of a "Callow twelve year old" this makes me :hihi: You could say I was having a bad day.

Making out your a teenager Cliff....:o:thumbsup: