Using An Outside Cash Machine

11 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

Well there is always... oops! not any more! Was going to say cash back at the till but cash is now frowned upon due to COVID 19. Whilst on the subject of screens the CO-OP have the best self-service checkouts as you can use the edge of a card to tap the screen. Not so with Sainsbury's or Tesco self checkout! 

Forgot about the cashback option. Like you, I mainly used at CO-OP for it. I haven't even asked after the virus was announced but my local one does still accept cash. 

I'll not go into my misadventures with self service checkouts...any of them! They ALL hate me!

35 minutes ago, carosio said:

To add- my £500 Samsung phone screen is useless in sunlight, you have to guess when taking a pic. Same with most small cameras, I won't buy one unless it's got a viewfinder, something the makers are shy on providing. How folks in the hot sunny countries cope with these things I don't know.

Fully agree about phones, and not just cheaper ones. Useless in bright sunlight. My daughter is the photographer of the family and spends a lot of money on cameras and lenses etc. She would quote you word for word about a viewfinder.

53 minutes ago, zach said:

I'll not go into my misadventures with self service checkouts...any of them! They ALL hate me!

I was trying to find the clip of Griff Rhys-Jones sketch of "Unexpected item in the bagging area" but I could only find this!:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00n4k4r

4 minutes ago, swarfendor437 said:

I was trying to find the clip of Griff Rhys-Jones sketch of "Unexpected item in the bagging area" but I could only find this!:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00n4k4r

This one? 

Yup, that's like me with them! 😄

Last time I used one was to check my balance.

It told me to stand on one leg.

Just now, Padders said:

Stop it, just stop it!! 😂

On 28/05/2020 at 12:19, Padders said:

And I thought he was referring to the fruit and veg scales in the store!

Good find on the 'unexpected item in the bagging area' - still brings tears to my eyes!

On 28/05/2020 at 12:19, Padders said:

Only just got this joke !

You will easily see the screen now that it's raining and overcast for a few days.

3 hours ago, speleo1 said:

You will easily see the screen now that it's raining and overcast for a few days.

Yes, that’s a good idea speleo.