Has Car Tax Been Extended By 6 Months As Well?

Both the Car Tax & MOT were due to expire at the end of this month. I have checked that the MOT due date has been extended by 6 months, but when I tried to tax the car on-line, it seems that the tax is not due to be renewed until 1st of December. Is this correct? It seems to be too good to be true.

24 minutes ago, fatrajah said:

Both the Car Tax & MOT were due to expire at the end of this month. I have checked that the MOT due date has been extended by 6 months, but when I tried to tax the car on-line, it seems that the tax is not due to be renewed until 1st of December. Is this correct? It seems to be too good to be true.

All I can see is advice to SORN your car to save money if you aren’t using it.  The website below has an email address to contact the DVLA if your MOT hasn’t been extended.  

Maybe they extended the tax due date by mistake as well?

Best to email and ask.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/04/coronavirus-and-car-tax-must-you-tax-your-car-while-the-uk-is-in-lockdown/

Think it was only mot extension for the 6 months,but that does not stop you going to get an MOT now within those 6 month,as for the tax don't think this had an extension.

33 minutes ago, fatrajah said:

I don't think tax has been extended. My MOT was extended until October but my tax was still due at the end of May. I've paid my tax and now waiting for my garage to reopen for my MOT. Hopefully before October 

In this period of 6 months,I have not seen any garages really closed for having an MOT doing,

Just now, speleo1 said:

In this period of 6 months,I have not seen any garages really closed for having an MOT doing,

They were allowed to stay open to do repairs as many people still working rely on their cars.  Maybe some still did MOTs as well.

5 minutes ago, speleo1 said:

My local was and he's trustworthy so I'm happy to wait until he reopens

@fatrajah

With the MOT, you have the paper certificate with the expiry date on. What do you have, or what is it that makes you think the tax is due. Could you be mistaken? 

Think his mot and tax run out at the same month,so was he thinking he could go without tax as well for that period.

I get what he thinking. I am wondering if he has made a mistake. If not, then we are saying that it is the dvla that have made a mistake. He says he has checked on line and tax is not due for some months-1st Dec??

Edited by Janus

I thought my tax & MOT were in step but it turns out that they are 6 months apart. My mistake I'm afraid. Thanks for all the replies.