300 Houses In Loxley Valley

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

So? If it's not in the Peak District NPA's area, it must be OK for building.

Keep your hair on Jeffrey. If you'd bothered to read the thread, you would have understood the context of my reply, which you quote, and would therefore also realise how out of context your comment is. For the record I've NOT started this thread with any intention of arguing for or against, I simply wanted to bring the application to the attention of anyone who might be interested.

Many of the comments on the planning proposal site refer to impact on local traffic, schools and healthcare.

I don't have children so don't really know detaisl - are the local primary schools undersubscribed, and could cope with an influx?

The documentation is long, and obscurely worded, but they seem to have done traffic flow assessments on Storrs Bridge Lane (as a proposed access to the development), which, if I recall correctly, only goes to the fishery...

I think the developers are naively assuming that everyone will cycle, walk, or use the (infrequent) bus service to get to and from town for work etc.., and just nip up to the "local" shops in Stannington.

Not that the location will be seen as a desirable place for luxury homes where every household has multiple vehicles, or anything like that.  Cos the Brickworks is full of affordable housing as well, isn't it?

Oh, and Rodney Hill is their suggested cycle route for accessing Hillsborough.  Who's done this evaluation?!!!

Edited by Becky B

I think Spout lane or briers house lane should be the cycle  route into Hillsborough

Looks like deadline for commenting has been extended.  From the Loxley website

GOOD NEWS: there's now more time to tell the city's planners what you think about the proposed Loxley valley township. You have until mid June. We know what we think! #NoLoxleyTownship Please see our website for more details of the extended deadline: https://friendsoftheloxleyvalley.com/…/deadline-for-loxley…/

On 27/05/2020 at 21:55, speleo1 said:

I think Spout lane or briers house lane should be the cycle  route into Hillsborough

🤣🤣  Nah, Spout Lane is for when you just nip up to the "local" shops in Stannington!

What about Long line then

I wish the protest group the best of luck,they are going to need it!.In 1980 we had a very active protest group to stop building houses on greenfield land from Queen Street Mosborough right up to Ridgeway!.After over 20 yrs of hard work including Sheffield Council confiscating a fair chunk of land who nobody could find an owner too it was dragged on through every enquiry until there was nowhere left to go and surprise surprise building plans where passed!.In my own case they promised a buffer zone landscaped between my property and the new build,without informing me they altered it and built three bungalows right up to my boundry,when I kicked off I was informed I should have kept visiting the planning office to view the plans so it was my fault!.Whats that saying"You can,t beat City Hall"amen to that!.

a bit like when plans include affordable housing to get the required permission only to be quietly dropped before a brick is laid ...

18 minutes ago, peteh1 said:

a bit like when plans include affordable housing to get the required permission only to be quietly dropped before a brick is laid ...

You have to remember that property companies can afford to have very good planning consultants and lawyers who know exactly how far they can push and what they can get away with. The planning system is stacked very heavily in favour of the developer, which is how the government wants it.

3 hours ago, Planner1 said:

You have to remember that property companies can afford to have very good planning consultants and lawyers who know exactly how far they can push and what they can get away with. The planning system is stacked very heavily in favour of the developer, which is how the government wants it.

Oh please, don't come that one! LPA's being bullied by the big bad developers. LPA's unable (or is it unwilling) to enforce the law.  If that's the case then what you're in effect saying is that the LPA isn't in control of planning locally, in which case what's the point of the Planning Dept?

12 minutes ago, NewBiz said:

Oh please, don't come that one! LPA's being bullied by the big bad developers. LPA's unable (or is it unwilling) to enforce the law.  If that's the case then what you're in effect saying is that the LPA isn't in control of planning locally, in which case what's the point of the Planning Dept?

The LPA has to comply with planning law, which is set by the government.  What I'm saying is that the law / planning system as currently set up by the government favours developers, which is exactly as the government intends.

A survey a couple of years ago said:

"Three-quarters of councillors believe the planning system is too weighted in favour of developers at the expense of local communities, a survey has found.

A poll of 1,200 councillors by the LGiU think-tank and National Trust, published ahead of next week’s housing white paper, also found that half of councillors claimed that ‘sites that are not in line with the local plan are being approved for new housing’

6 hours ago, Planner1 said:

A survey a couple of years ago said:

"Three-quarters of councillors believe the planning system is too weighted in favour of developers at the expense of local communities, a survey has found.

A poll of 1,200 councillors by the LGiU think-tank and National Trust, published ahead of next week’s housing white paper, also found that half of councillors claimed that ‘sites that are not in line with the local plan are being approved for new housing’

Forgive me Planner 1, but councillors for the most part have little to no indepth understanding of  the NPPF, have had no training in town planning, spend very little of their time involved in planning matters, and are therefore hardly best placed to pass judgement on planning law, and its application or weighting. Plus let's be honest any 'survey' (particularly  when it's a survey commissioned by a party with a vested interest, which so many surveys are, and you don't quote a source for the one you use to illustrate your point, so I can't comment on this particular one) can usually be countered by another 'survey' commissioned by another party with an opposing view.

As for  half of 1200 councillors  polled claiming 'sites that are not in line with the local plan are being approved for  new housing' can you provide evidence that this happening where a local plan is up to date, as opposed to a plan from the last century (which I believe Sheffield's local plan to be, unless it's been updated recently, in which case I stand corrected, but would still be very interested in seeing occasions when an uptodate plan has been ignored)

It's a case of 'Don't believe everything you read' I think

Edited by NewBiz